About DIANA Biotechnologies
We are leading Czech biotechnology company with a great innovative potential. We focus on the development of products based on our cutting edge research in the fields of molecular diagnostics and drug discovery. We have global ambitions and since our foundation in 2018 we already have achieved some of our goals. During COVID-19 pandemics, we were able to quickly develop one of the most innovative COVID-19 tests worldwide and we helped to increase the testing capacity of the whole country. As a result, we became the biggest Czech manufacturer of RT-PCR tests. Besides RT-PCR, we continue to focus on projects aiming to develop new molecular diagnostics, monoclonal antibodies and new drug candidates. This is possible thanks to our multidisciplinary team motivated to advance diagnostics and drug discovery.
We are a young and dynamic company being built by friendly and highly skilled colleagues, but at the same time we have already grown to a mid-sized company of about 100 employees and we have the ability to run long term and ambitious projects. If you join us, you will be part creation of a unique biotech company which is the first of its kind in the Czech Republic.
We are producing our own chemicals for our in vitro diagnostics, including magnetic particles for nucleic acid isolation and we are thus looking for a Senior Researcher in Colloidal Chemistry.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Design and preparation of various types of magnetic particles for nucleic acid extraction.
- Cooperation with the Head of Chemistry and with the developers of NA extraction.
- Optimizing and upscaling of the production of the magnetic beads.
- Preparing the production documentation for the manufacture department.
- Producing several large scale batches of the particles before transfer to the manufacture.
- In future also research and development of particles for other uses (library preparation for next gen sequencing or solid phase biochemical methods such as ELISA, beads for cell and tissue staining, gold nanoparticles for molecular biology methods and others).
Who are we looking for?
- Finished Master or PhD degree in organic chemistry, polymer chemistry or related fields.
- At least several years of relevant experience needed (time of PhD studies is counted).
- Experience in colloidal chemistry required. The following experience would be of particular advantage: (i) emulsion polymerization, (ii) nanoparticles surface modification, (iii) purification of large scale batches, (iv) working with and preparation of differently sized particles (both nano and microparticles)
- Self motivated professional with positive attitude and team spirit.
What do we offer?
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Diverse work in a dynamic and unique biotech company
- Perspective of a long term contract in a successful company
- Participation on the creation of unique inventions and products
- Support of further education, courses, trainings, thorough onboarding process
- Opportunity to join the company at an early stage and participating on its growth
- Competitive salary and possibility of personal growth
- Various benefits, including five weeks paid vacation, sick days, MultiSport, pension contribution and regular company events
- Full time employer contract with the place of work in Prague.
If you are interested, we are looking forward receiving your CV and a motivation letter: firstname.lastname@example.org.