Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, represented by the Dean of the Faculty, announces an open competition
for the project Pre-application research into innovative medicines and medical technologies (InoMed),
Project registration number: CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/18_069/0010046
within the Operation Program Research, Development and Education (OP RDE), Call No. 02_18_069 for Pre-application research for ITI ,
to fill research position:
RP1: PD researcher (postdoc position), FTE 1.0 FTE (100 %)
- You will be involved in an innovative research project focused on the role of carbonyl reducing enzymes in cancer resistance,
- You will perform in vitro incubations, cell cultivation experiments and molecular biology analysis,
- Your scientific work should result in a number of manuscripts published in international peer-reviewed journals,
- You will assist in the supervision of master and doctoral students,
- You hold a doctoral degree (Ph.D) in biomedical, medicinal or pharmaceutical sciences or equivalent,
- You have no more than 10 years after completed doctoral degree (Ph.D. degree) in the mentioned sciences at any university in the Czech Republic or equivalent degree at any university abroad. The PhD degree must be completed before the deadline of this open competition,
- You should have 2 letters of recommendation from recognized experts in their research field (at least one from abroad),
- You have experience in experimental in vitro pharmacology or toxicology with relevant scientific publications in international peer-reviewed journals and presentations in international conferences,
- Your H index ≥ 3
- You have practical know-how regarding cell cultivation techniques as well as molecular biology and cell biology methodologies,
- You have a good knowledge of the English language (proficiency in spoken and written English),
Applies to all applicants:
Place of work: Hradec Králové.
Other knowledge and skills:
- prerequisites for research work (patience, persistence, and passion towards long-term goals in research),
flexibility, great diligence, thoroughness, and responsibility,
- good organizational and communication skills,
- ability to work both independently and in a team,
- high motivation and hardworking,
- strong willingness to learn new things continuously.
Application must include the following:
- first and last name of the applicant,
- date and place of birth,
- place of residence/current address,
- date and signature,
- contact information (email address, phone number).
Candidates are expected to submit following annexes with an application:
- CV including the list of publications, professional skills and past research experience,
- Cover letter,
- 2 letters of recommendation from recognized experts in their research field (at least 1 from foreign institution),
- certified copy of a diploma (Ph.D. degree),
- other documents certifying required knowledge and expertise,
- information duty and consent to the processing of personal data according to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and Act No. 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing, as amended.
The application form and agreement including an acknowledgement about providing personal data are available for download below on this page.
Labour Code (Law No. 262/2006 Coll.) and internal salary structure and regulations of Charles University specify the salary conditions.
The estimated monthly wage: 38 000 CZK.
The start of work: 1 September 2021 (can be negotiated).
Type of employment contract: for a fixed period (1 year) with the possibility of extension for the entire duration of the project, i.e. to 31 December 2022.
Full time job (1.0 FTE).
- highly competitive salary,
- interesting work in an expert team under the leadership of an internationally renowned specialists,
- collaboration with foreign experts,
- specialized professional development and continuous education in a field with perspective of long-term employment,
- foreign scientific internships and participation in international conferences.
We also offer:
- flexible working hours,
- at least 5 weeks paid vacation,
- catering allowance and other benefits,
- FAFÍK – a day nursery that provide care for the employees´ children; the pre-school fees are partly covered by EU grant.
We kindly ask you to send the applications with all the required paperwork by mail or hand-delivered no later than by 2:00 pm on 21st of July 2021 at the following address:
Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové
Lenka Cermanová, DiS. – Personnel Department
Akademika Heyrovského 1203
500 05 Hradec Králové 5
Please, clearly mark the envelope “Job Announcement – InoMed Project”.
We kindly ask you to send your application with all the required requisites and attachments because without them your application is incomplete and you cannot be included in the list of candidates.
The announcer reserves the right to cancel the job announcement at any time during the course.
Contact person for providing further information concerning the work content:
Prof. Ing. Vladimír Wsól, Ph.D. – The Department of Biochemical Sciences
Phone: +420 495 067 370 or +420 739 488 218
This project reg. č. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/18_069/0010046:
Pre-application research into innovative medicines and medical technologies (InoMed) is co-financed by the European Union.