Superlasers for the real world – this is the main mission of the HiLASE Laser Center. It is located in Dolní Břežany near Prague and is part of the largest institute of the Academy of Science of the Czech Republic, Institute of Physics ASCR (FZÚ). His international team is engaged in the development of laser technology for the high-tech industry. The Research Center is the winner of the prestigious HiLASE Center of Excellence, the first ever challenges of the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 „WIDESPREAD Teaming“. To ensure the operation and further development of the HiLASE Research and Development Center in Dolní Břežany, we are looking for a new member of the team:
in the field of
kW-class picosecond laser development
Are you skilled in designing of advanced solid-state laser systems and interested in applied research in laser physics? We are offering a postdoc position in development of sub-picosecond near- and mid-infrared thin disk lasers (wavelength of 1 or 2 um), frequency conversion systems, and their integration into workstations for high-tech industrial applications. Goal of the work lies in evolution of the in-house developed sub-kW thin disk laser platform Perla, spectral broadening of picosecond output pulses, collaboration and support of laser users, and upgrades of laser systems towards higher technical readiness level.
You will be member of a big laser team currently approaching 40 employees at the public centre of excellent research Hilase in Czechia and work on world unique kW-class diode-pumped solid-state lasers. We expect an independent researcher able to support other colleagues and laser users, and creative approach to solution of given tasks.
- Active participation in the development of experimental setups and in performing research experiments;
- Preparation of scientific publications; delivering oral and written reports/presentations.
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Practical experience with lasers and nonlinear optics
- Ability to build complex laser systems
- Familiar with diagnostics of laser pulses and beams
- Publications in the field
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Ability to learn new scientific areas;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
- Time-limited contract – duration of up to 24 months;
- Full time job (1,0 FTE)
- Fulfillment of Postdoc definition, i.e. up to 7 years from completion of Ph.D. study
- Minimum of 2 scientific publications within the period of last 3 years, listed in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS
- Opportunity to participate in a unique scientific project
- 5 weeks of vacation, 5 Sick Days, flexible working hours and other employee benefits
- Family allowance funded by the Mobility Project
- Creative young team, Social Events, Teambuildings
- A place with a team spirit where it is a pleasure to work
If you are interested in this Offer, please send your CV, motivation letter and names/addresses of 1-2 potential referees in English by email to email@example.com
Please, include the following text in your e-mail / letter:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll.(Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.
Ms. Olga Lakomá, HR Generalist
Tel: (+420) 702 086 170; 314 007 702