IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center provides Czech and foreign research teams from academia and industry with state-of-the-art technology and services in the fields of high-performance computing, numerical simulation, data analysis, artificial intelligence, advanced visualization, and virtual reality. It currently operates three supercomputers: Salomon, Barbora, and the specialized NIVIDIA DGX-2 system for artificial intelligence computations. In 2021, a brand-new Karolina petascale supercomputer with a theoretical peak performance of 15.2 PFlop/s will also be launched at the centre, becoming the most powerful supercomputer in the Czech Republic and one of the most powerful ones in Europe. IT4Innovations is also a research centre with five research laboratories and strong international links. For more, see www.it4i.cz. We are seeking candidates for the Advanced Data Analysis and Simulations Laboratory to fill the position of:
We expect the candidate’s future participation in international and national projects such as the EuroHPC research projects (https://eurohpc-ju.europa.eu). In these projects the focus will be on development of machine learning models and optimization algorithms. Indispensable part will be large scale hyperparameter search to find the best solution/model. The tasks are solved from the perspective of the High Performance Data Analysis (HPDA). The problems studied by the HPDA team include but are not limited to time series analysis, prediction and classification, network optimizations, vehicle routing problem and queueing theory. Important factor is also presentation and visualization of results.
- work in a research team with a focus on the HPDA and statistical modelling,
- participation in national and international research and commercial projects,
- development of novel machine learning solutions,
- collaboration on scientific research outputs.
- PhD in computer science and/or related areas,
- experience with machine learning modelling, statistical analysis, data analytics,
- advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning languages R and/or Python,
- experience with the code parallelization and High Throughput Computing is an advantage,
- experience with the code versioning systems Git is welcome,
- willingness to continue self-education and work in team,
- English language – good working knowledge.
- payment based on the candidate’s experiences,
- main employment,
- interesting work in a young research team,
- opportunity to participate in implementing interesting research and commercial projects,
- professional development through participation at international conferences, workshops, and internships,
- 6 weeks of holidays,
- flexible working hours,
- in-house catering,
- modern working environment.
Commencement of Employment: 1 July 2021 or as agreed
Type of Employment:
- full-time employment,
- fixed-term employment.
The application form substantiated with a letter of motivation and CV should be sent electronically by 14 May, 2021 to email address firstname.lastname@example.org. As for the subject of the email message, please indicate “Open Call for the position of the Researcher for the Advanced Data Analysis and Simulations Laboratory”.