For the implementation of a junior GAČR grant at the Department of Biophysics and Physical Chemistry of the Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, we are seeking an employee for the position:
Researcher focusing on the development of software tools in C ++ and Python (0.5 FTE)
- development of a software tool for the prediction of NMR parameters in proteins using C++ and Python programming languages
- installation and application of the software tool within supercomputing facilities (MetaCentrum and IT4Innovations)
- in case of interest: calculations of NMR data by methods of quantum chemistry using the Gaussian16 (optional)
- advanced knowledge of the C++ programming language and user knowledge of Python (main requirement)
- experience with performing calculations in a supercomputing environment
- experience with the implementation of projects in the area of biomolecular computational chemistry is of an advantage but is not necessarily required
- experience with quantum chemical calculations is of an advantage but is not necessarily required
- publishing activity in peer-reviewed journals and previous experience with implementing research projects
- advanced Ph.D. student (3rd year or later) or a completed Ph.D. degree in (bio)informatics, (computational) chemistry, biomolecular chemistry and related fields
- the candidate must fulfill the age limit for junior GAČR grant team members as stipulated by the grant agreement with the grant provider, i.e. maximum age of 35 years (or reaching a maximum age of 35 years during 2018)
- active knowledge of both oral and written English
- collaborations with universities in Great Britain and/or Denmark
- work stay abroad, participation in international conferences
- home office possible upon mutual agreement
- flexible working hours
- at least 5 weeks of paid vacation
- catering allowance and other benefits
- FAFÍK – a nursery that provides day care for the employees´ children; the preschool fees are partly covered by EU grant.
Labour Code (Law No. 262/2006 Coll.) and internal salary structure and regulations of Charles University specify the salary conditions.
The start of work: July 1, 2021 (can be negotiated)
Type of employment contract: for a fixed period of 6 months (i.e. until December 31, 2021) with the possibility of extension for the entire duration of the project, i.e. to December 31, 2022.
Part-time job (0,5 FTE)
- brief letter of motivation
In case of interest or questions, contact:
Mgr. Jana Pavlíková Přecechtělová, Ph.D. – Department of Biophysics and Physical Chemistry
The position remains open until it is filled.
The announcer reserves the right to cancel the job announcement at any time.