We are seeking a motivated technician with a solid background in molecular biology, who will join the team of Dr. Manlio Vinciguerra focused on epigenetic, metabolism and aging. The Epigenetics, Metabolism and Aging (EMA) Group is part of Centre for Translational Medicine (CTM) at the International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne´s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA – ICRC).
The International Clinical Research Center (FNUSA-ICRC) of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno, Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment.
FNUSA-ICRC is the holder of the „HR Excellence in Research Award“ given by the European Commission to a research institute. This award is a mark of quality and a lasting commitment to developing and creating favorable conditions for employees in the institution in accordance with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the recruitment of researchers.
The technician will help the development of a project in the broad field of understanding how immune reactions and metabolic changes influence the aging process.
The research team is examining how the different variants of histones affect cellular metabolism and cancer, and how some drugs called senolytics may delay aging and liver diseases.
Join our team and take the next step in your career with us!
Starting date: 01/01/2022
FTE: 1 FTE (full-time assignment), 1 year term contract (renewable)
Job description – you will:
- Undertake experiments with a mentorship of Principal Investigator
- Perform cell biology and chromatin biology experiments, in vitro
- Perform histology and immunohistochemistry protocols
- Tissue sections embedding (paraffin, OCT) and cutting
- Staining sections and cell culture slides with antibodies, image acquisition at the microscope
- Prepare protocols and maintain a reliable record/lab book.
- Write short reports in English.
- Bachelor/Master degree in biology, laboratory work/analyses, DNA/RNA/protein handling, microscopy, or related disciplines.
- Experience in handling biological samples, including cell lines and animal tissues.
- Well organized, responsible, self-motivated and flexible attitude
- Positive and team-work personality
- For bureaucratic reasons, only Czech candidates are eligible
- Working in international multidisciplinary team of experts in nutrition, cardiovascular health, epigenetics and aging
- Engagement in ambitious research projects
- Work in an inspiring and highly collaborative environment using state-of-the-art technologies
- Opportunities for further education and training
- Competitive salary and fix-term contract for 1 year with possibility of extension
- 25 days of holidays, 2 sickdays
- Cafeteria benefit system – for example, a holiday allowance, allowance for cultural or sports activities, books and more.
- discounts in our pharmacies, a contribution to the purchase of vitamin supplements and free vaccinations
- accommodation for employees who are not from Brno.
How to apply:
The candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae, cover letter describing motivation and previous experience and 2 recommendation contacts to email@example.com until 30/11/2021. For more information mail to Dr. Manlio Vinciguerra (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Monika Siekelová (email@example.com).
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.