We are an automotive supplier, a partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technological company, we design innovative products and systems that contribute to reduction of CO2 emissions and to development of automated driving. In our Research and Development center in Prague we employ seven hundred engineers. They are those who stand behind the latest systems of active safety (ADAS) and autonomous driving. What does it mean? Software, hardware engineers, together with mechanical designers, test and system engineers develop sensors and systems for safe and comfortable driving. Automated parking systems, automated emergency braking, blind spot detection and road sign recognition are just a few examples.
Research Scientist – Automotive R&D
Employment type: Full-time work
Ready to tackle the challenges of the vehicle of the future? Join us and take part in the autonomous and connected car revolution at Valeo!
Launched in 2018 under the direction of Patrick Pérez, „Valeo.ai“ is the first artificial intelligence research center for automotive applications, located in Prague and Paris.
„Valeo.ai“ is currently looking for a Research Scientist in Machine Learning and Computer Vision, based in Prague, to conduct ambitious research projects towards assisted and autonomous driving.
- Work in a growing, international team of researchers and engineers
- Contribute to research projects that will shape the future of autonomous driving
- Push state-of-the-art in computer vision, deep learning and reinforcement learning for key components of autonomous driving: localization, multi-sensor perception, prediction, planning and decision
- Address scientific locks such as robustness, interpretability and validation of DL-based critical systems
- Design, train and validate new architectures both on real and synthetic data
- Contribute to porting and testing most promising ideas on experimental vehicles
- Publish research results in top-tier conferences and journals, attend conferences, participate in workshops and challenges
- Mentor research interns and PhD students
- Participate in the Valeo global deep learning community (reading and working groups, trainings)
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU…
- PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Vision (Robotics is a plus), with strong publication record
- Experience : at least 3 years as research Scientist (including thesis)
- Coding skills : Hands-on coding skills in Python, including ML/DL frameworks
- Coding experience : in GPU
- Languages : excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Work in a stable international company in a multinational team on challenging projects with huge impact on the whole automotive industry
- Automotive environment with cutting-edge technologies
- Cooperation with Valeo development sites worldwide
- Possibility to see the whole development process in one place from an idea (customer requirement) to a product testing and manufacture
- Personal development through special trainings and language courses
- Competitive package of benefits including 6 weeks of vacation plus other paid or non-paid days off, flexible working hours and home office possibility, variable bonuses – monthly and semi-annual, a bonus for an innovative idea, a bonus for a life or working anniversary, a bonus for recommendation of a new colleague up to 40 000 CZK, contribution to the pension insurance after the probation period (5% from gross salary, max. 4166 CZK), meal and free time vouchers, mobility support, company canteen, easy access to work by Prague public transportation and company car park, a fitness room and relax zones, sports ground (football, basketball…) and barbecue gazebo, company’s events, free tickets for IQ Landia and others.
Thanks to its strategy based on innovation, Valeo is at the heart of three revolutions that are revolutionizing the automobile: the electrification of the vehicle, the advent of the autonomous and connected vehicle, and the development of digital mobility.
Revolutions that Valeo has anticipated and that are today synonymous with great career opportunities, including abroad! At Valeo, innovation is driven by diversity, authenticity and the energy of its talents.
Would you like to live new technological and human adventures? Join Valeo and its 111,600 employees in 33 countries!
More information about valeo: https://www.valeo.com
In case you are interested in this job offer, please send us your CV through the APPLY button below.
VALEO ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA