1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic and the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences invites excellent scientists to apply for
Research Group Leader JUNIOR
in Cancer Biology Research at its Joint Theranostic Laboratory
The laboratory is an international centre of Biomedical research based at the Institute of Biochemistry and Experimental Oncology of the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Prague 2, U Nemocnice 5. We are part of the National Institute for Cancer Research, which is funded by the National Rescue Fund of EU (NICR, https://www.nuvr.cz/) – so far, the largest project of academic cancer research in the Czech Republic. Both hosting Institutes currently support numerous independent research groups that strive to understand challenging questions in the areas of molecular medicine, cancer biology, cell signaling, DNA repair and genome stability, embryonic and pluripotent stem cells and bacterial genetics and genomics.
We have strong tights with a big range of University Hospitals in Prague. We participate in the coordination of several PhD programs relevant for Biomedical Sciences.
Currently, we are looking for a new Research Group Leader JUNIOR who would like to develop both professionally and personally and start his/her own research group in the field of neurooncology.
His/her main tasks will include:
- develop research strategy including planning group HR strategy, budgets, equipment needs, etc.;
- conduct independent research and publish high-ranked scientific publications;
- obtaining funding for research group (grant applications/competitions);
- managing team members and their career development.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who completed a PhD or its equivalent within the last 8 years (taking in account possible relevant career interruptions);
- have significant publication activity in the given field, corresponding to the junior stage of the career (minimum one first-author publication with the IF above the field median);
- have significant international scientific experience longer than 6 months;
- be able to submit own attractive scientific project with a potential to succeed in international competition during the period granted by NICR
- long-term experience in the field of cancer research evidenced by related publication history;
- the research history should indicate applicant´s ability to conduct research in given field
NICR offers the opportunity to get:
- an opportunity to start a career as leader and in an own research group;
- perform diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment;
- conclude a full-time initial contract for 3 years, with the possibility to start immediately
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions;
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalized environment;
- Welcome office service for the successful candidate.
Place and deadline for submitting applications:
please send your structured professional CV (résumé) with the details concerning your previous experience and publications (in English or Czech), copies of diplomas and other documents confirming your educational attainment to the Human Resources Department of the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles University in electronic form at email@example.com by 8.12.2023 12:00 a.m. (noon).
In substantiated cases, the interview can be performed through information and communication technologies at the candidate’s request. The grounds of such a request will be judged by and decided on by the chairperson of the Board.
Information about the processing of personal data at Charles University is specified on the web pages:
- of Charles University at https://cuni.cz/UKEN-903.html.
- of the First Faculty of Medicine of Charles University at https://en.lf1.cuni.cz/information-about-processing-the-personal-data-of-participants-in-competitive-hiring-procedure-for-positions-of-academic-staff-and-other-positionsposts concerning the candidates in the competitive procedure for the posts of academic staff and other workplaces / positions.
By mailing the application, the candidate represents that he/she was duly informed about processing of personal data in compliance with the provisions of GDPR and that the information given by him/her is true and accurate.