The Laboratory of Translational Metabolism at the Institute of Physiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences located at the Biomedical Research Campus in Prague, Krč is seeking an MSc or PhD level scientist with expertise in liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC–MS) analysis of small molecules (metabolomics and lipidomics) for a position:
Research Fellow – Metabolomics and Lipidomics
- Preparation of samples (biofluids, tissues) for metabolomics and lipidomics analysis and LC–MS analysis
- Processing of instrumental files from different LC–MS platforms
- Creating metabolite spectral libraries
- Development of new LC–MS metabolomics-based workflows
- Manuscript writing (PhD level candidate)
- MSc or PhD in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or related field
- Experience in sample preparation and LC–MS analysis of small molecules (complex lipids, polar metabolites, and/or pharmaceutical compounds)
- Fluency in spoken and written English and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Involvement in the Multidisciplinary Projects
- Identification of factors influencing adherence to pharmacotherapy in patients with type 2 diabetes using untargeted metabolomics (ENIGMA)
- Hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (HDX-MS) to identify unknown metabolites detected by untargeted metabolomics
- Metabolomics 2.0: Comprehensive analytical methods and bioinformatics tools for the study of circadian rhythms
- Mapping of the rat circadian metabolome in brain and peripheral tissues during embryonic to postnatal development
- Interdisciplinary research projects within the collaborative academic environment
- Competitive salary, six weeks of vacation, three sick‐days, and a wide range of benefits
Closing Date: Applications will be considered until May 31, 2021 or until the position is filled.
- All applications including short motivation letter and resume should be sent to Marcela Tomášková (HR), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
H. Tsugawa, K. Ikeda, M. Takahashi, A. Satoh, Y. Mori, H. Uchino, N. Okahashi, Y. Yamada, I. Tada, P. Bonini, Y. Higashi, Y. Okazaki, Z. Zhou, Z.-J. Zhu, J. Koelmel, T. Cajka, O. Fiehn, K. Saito, M. Arita, M. Arita: A lipidome atlas in MS-DIAL 4. Nature Biotechnology 38 (2020) 1159–1163
et, P.P. Saha, N. Gupta, W. Zhu, K.A. Romano, S.M. Skye, T. Cajka, M.L. Mohan, L. Li, Y. Wu, M. Funabashi, A.E. Ramer-Tait, S.V.N. Prasad, O. Fiehn, F.E. Rey, W.H.W. Tang, M.A. Fischbach, J.A. DiDonato, S.L. Hazen: A Cardiovascular disease-linked gut microbial metabolite acts via adrenergic receptors. Cell 180 (2020) 862–877.
T. Cajka, J.T. Smilowitz, O. Fiehn: Validating quantitative untargeted lipidomics across nine liquid chromatography–high-resolution mass spectrometry platforms. Analytical Chemistry 89 (2017) 12360–12368.
T. Cajka, O. Fiehn: Toward merging untargeted and targeted methods in mass spectrometry-based metabolomics and lipidomics. Analytical Chemistry 88 (2016) 524–545.
T. Cajka, O. Fiehn: Comprehensive analysis of lipids in biological systems by liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry. TrAC-Trends in Analytical Chemistry 61 (2014) 192–206.