We are a research campus with a strong tradition in Life Sciences but in recent years opening up to the technology.
University of South Bohemia – Faculty of Science is looking for a researcher to help drive the new concept of the institute.
Research Assistant / Research Scientist (academic) – Department of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science at the University of South Bohemia is in terms of current research activities and further expansions is looking for a experienced (but not too much 🙂 research academic colleague who is into data science. As a multidisciplinary faculty we are looking for a team player to enrich our dynamically growing collective and help drive the development of a new concept of the department . Don’t miss the opportunity to lead your own projects and be one of us.
- Participation on lectures of specialized courses of the Department especially in the newly accredited international cross-border joint master study program of AI and Data Science
- Preparation of accreditation materials and well as own courses within the concept of the Department.
- Supervising of thesis (Bachelor and Master level).
- Participation on final exams a defenses (Bachelor and Master level).
- Own research activities within the area of Data Science and related fields as well as participation on already going research projects of the Department
- Authoring and co-authoring of research publications and/or participation on applied research in forms of patents.
- Promotion of the Institute and the faculty.
- Helping us to reach the goal – own Ph.D. study program in Computer Science.
- Doctoral degree in the Technical / Life Science field – computer science, applied mathematics/physics, embedded systems, cybernetics or related.
- At least 3 years of experience in the field, evidenced by scientific results.
- Proficiency (B2 level at least) in English, German is a plus
- Ability to independent and initiative work as well as to be a team player.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
Nice to have:
- Some programming/development skills (e.g. Python) and experience with implementation of own algorithms is a plus.
What do we offer
- guarantee of European standards given by European Charter for Researchers https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/euraxess/charter-code-researchers
- among TOP Young University Rankings by THE as of 2020.
- emphasis on a professional as well as personal development
- full time job, fixed term contract (2 years) with possibility to convert into permanent contract, flexible start date
- financial support for the initial development of research activities
- flexible working hours, 8 weeks of vacation, performance bonus (based on previous results), homeoffice support.
- starting accommodation offered by the university.
- meal allowance, discounted mobile and banking services, MS Office for personal use, language courses