The International Clinical Research Center (FNUSA-ICRC) of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno, Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment.
As a top Central European research center with more than 300 researchers, new technologies and EU grant support, we focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. In both areas we partner with world-class research centers and universities.
FNUSA-ICRC is the holder of the „HR Excellence in Research Award“ given by the European Commission to a research institute. This award is a mark of quality and a lasting commitment to developing and creating favorable conditions for employees in the institution in accordance with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the recruitment of researchers.
Stroke Research Program led by Prof. Robert Mikulik, MD, PhD, is searching for Public Health Researcher Senior for our Stroke Public Health Group. The group is focused on stroke awareness campaigns, online education, public events and research projects. The group has been running HOBIT Project on increasing stroke and MI awareness in children since 2013 and project on improving health awareness in socially excluded communities since 2021.
Join our team and take the next step in your career with us!
Start: August, September 2021
Workload: 30 % – 100 % FTE
- Designing and conducting research in public health field (stroke).
- Data analysis, data interpretation, paper writing.
- Leading and supervising 2 junior researchers (and students).
- Developing research strategy of the group.
- Searching for funding and for cooperating possibilities.
- Designing public health campaigns and projects.
- Grant writing, preparing for participation in international consortia and projects.
- Bringing international research projects in the group.
- Defining hypotheses and data mining from running projects.
- Cooperation with project managers, health coordinators and IT developers within public health educational projects.
What we expect
- PhD degree in Public Health, Sociology, Epidemiology, Medicine or relevant field.
- Experience in public health research.
- Orientation in health awareness projects and campaigns.
- Published papers as a first and a last author in public health area.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and work with statistical SW.
- Interest in stroke and in health awareness.
- Knowledge in using social media for health campaigns is an asset.
- Ability to coordinate own work and to coordinate work for junior researcher.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Ability to write papers without supervision.
What we offer
- Participating in the international research program with excellent international reputation and with directly implemented results in stroke care.
- Developing young group focused on stroke awareness and public health.
- Follow our great projects in public health and stroke awareness (https://www.projekthobit.cz/index.php/en/).
- Continuous education and training are supported.
- New ideas are supported.
- Working in the center of Brno for full time, or in distance for part time job (daily online contact).
- Cooperation with national and international partners on health promotion.
- 25 days of holiday and other employee benefits.
If you are interested, we will be glad to hear from you! Send to firstname.lastname@example.org your Consent to the processing of personal data and these documents:
- CV in English
- Motivation letter in English
- List of papers, grants and other relevant results achieved by the Applicant
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.