BioXcel Therapeutics (BTI) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on drug development that utilizes artificial intelligence to identify improved therapies in neuroscience and immuno-oncology. BTI’s drug re-innovation approach leverages existing approved drugs and/or clinically evaluated product candidates together with big data and proprietary machine learning algorithms to identify new therapeutic indices.
BTI’s two most advanced clinical development programs are BXCL501, an investigational sublingual thin film formulation in development for acute treatment of agitation resulting from neuropsychiatric disorders, and BXCL701, an investigational orally administered systemic innate immunity activator in development for treatment of a rare form of prostate cancer and for treatment of pancreatic cancer in combination with other immuno-oncology agents. For more information, please visit www.bioxceltherapeutics.com.
To join our Prague office team, we are looking for:
Principal Research Scientist II/Assistant Director – Bioinformatics
Experience: Ph.D. – 5 to 10 Years
Qualification: PhD – Bioinformatics
Roles and Responsibilities
- Come up with new targets and potential pipeline molecules for Immuno-oncology by working closely with Artificial Intelligence and drug discovery scientists
- Provide informatics support to build pipeline for the organization with Chemists, biologists and pharma R&D experts
- Analyze genome databases containing cancer patient information
- The candidate will be forming strategy for future pipeline molecules along with the higher management
- The successful candidate will collaborate and integrate these efforts with those of development projects in the area of cancer
- Closely work with cross functional partners such as Artificial Intelligence, Computational chemists, Biologists, Drug discovery, Business Development team etc.
- The candidate will be writing reports, manuscripts, and preparing abstract/posters/slides for the presentations at internal and international conferences
- Good knowledge of Bioinformatics, drug repurposing databases and experience in analyzing these databases
- Knowledge and experience of following databases will be a plus (cBioPortal, dbGaP, Various drug, genes and target databases)
- General understanding of the drug R&D process
- Proficiency in data analysis
- Text mining tools will be a plus
- Proficiency in written and verbal Business communications
Interested or would like to know more? Contact Martin Podařil: firstname.lastname@example.org