Two PhD positions supervised by prof. Zdenek Sofer are available at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry at University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague.
The positions are offered in a team working on a 5 years-long project (starting in January 2019) on 2D monoelemental materials based on silicene/germanene and pnictogens (phosphorene/ arsenene), their synthesis, deposition of monolayers, exfoliation, chemical derivatisation and exploration of possible applications.
Recent publications of the group are available here.
- Work in dynamic international research team.
- All state of the art characterisation and technological equipment necessary for the project is available in laboratory.
- Salary + scholarship : over 250 000 CZK/year (including social and health insurance)
- Employment contract for the period of PhD study (4 years)
- Employee benefits (6 weeks of vacation, catering allowance, pension insurance allowance, language courses, institutional childcare, etc.)
- Low cost of living in tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
- Work in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connection to the whole world
We are searching for highly motivated candidates with a good command of Czech/Slovak language or related language (such as Slovenian, Croatian, Polish, Ukrainian) who have ability to pick up Czech easily.
Description of the positions:
1. PhD student with expertise in synthetic chemistry and electrochemistry (synthesis and work in glovebox is advantage) and material characterisation (Raman, FT-IR, XRD, SEM).
2. PhD student with expertise in material characterization (spectroscopic methods, electrochemistry) and thin film deposition.
Please send your CV and one-page length introduction via email to email@example.com before March 30th, 2019.