Workplace: Institute of Parasitology
Employment relationship: Employment contract
Job type: Researcher
Researcher profiles: R2, R3
Job status: Full-time
Gross salary/wage: 1300 €
Job starting date: 1. 10. 2021
Application deadline: 1. 9. 2021
We are looking for a cell biology scientist to setup experiments, analyse and validate obtained data using functional „omics“ approach in a particular parasitic nematode cell model, with the aim to characterise cell’s cycle stage and genome repair mechanisms. You will use in-house available genome data of the nematode, as well as transcriptomic data obtained from the particular cell. The cell is robust and easy to manage in vitro conditions. Molecular data should be integrated with fluorescence, confocal and high-resolution microscopy available at the affiliation, and validated with mRNA silencing or gene editing. The topic is novel and not being explored before, guaranteeing publication in highly impacted journals. More information can be obtained during the interview. The position is funded by the Institute of Parasitology for the next 2 years, with possible extension through national and EU grants.
THE LABORATORY OF FUNCTIONAL HELMINTHOLOGY
The laboratory is recently established laboratory within the Institute of Parasitology that seeks highly motivated, creative and out-of-box-thinking individuals. The primary research focus is the interaction between nematodes and their different hosts types (paratenic, accidental, final hosts) guided by nematode’s excretory and secretory products, as well as development of nematode primary cell cultures for modelling of these interactions. The model parasite is the zoonotic nematode Anisakis pegreffii. The laboratory operates on a truly multidisciplinary basis and involves cell culture, functional genomics and proteomics, structural analysis, bioinformatics and physiology. It has the access to cutting edge electron microscopy and proteomic facility. The Institute of Parasitology is one of the largest European centres of parasitological research and provides all state-of-the-art facilities required to undertake a multi-disciplinary repertoire of methods, enabling studies on host-parasite interactions at the organismal, cellular and molecular level.
- Have you obtained PhD in biology, medicine, veterinary medicine or similar, with experience in cell biology, DNA repair mechanisms and/or cell cycle (not predating 2017)?
- Do you have experience in data analysis of transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics?
- Have you worked with primary cell cultures and standard cell lines?
- Do you have experience in optimisation, setup and validation of protocols?
- Are you familiar with standard microscopy techniques (fluorescence, confocal, electron microscopy)?
- Are you able to work in a team and pursue goals in a focussed way?
- Do you have excellent written/oral communication skills and a high-quality publishing track-record?
Great, we are looking exactly for you. Use this opportunity to join an exciting project in an inspiring and dynamic setting.
If you become our employee, we may offer you these benefits:
- Working in a stable, prestigious research institution of international importance
- Friendly international working environment
- 1 extra week of holiday, i.e. 5 weeks of paid holiday per year in total
- Subsidized lunches in our own canteen
- Benefits from Social fund
- Support of leisure time activities
- Free language classes – Czech for foreigners, English for Czechs (the capacity is limited)
- Opportunity to take part in mentoring programmes as a mentor or a mentee
- Concessionary mobile tariff at contractual operator
- Concessionary banking services at contractual bank
The Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award. Our selection process is transparent, open, non-discriminating and fair. For more information about the researchers recruitment policy at our institution, see OTM-R
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send us the following documents via the „REPLY FORM“ by 1 September 2021.
1) Cover letter stating in one page your prior research tasks and skills
3) Copy of PhD diploma
4) At least 4 contacts of reliable referees with whom you have worked since your PhD
5) List of publications
In case, you have some questions or you would need additional information, please send an e-mail with subject POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTIST IN CELL BIOLOGY to Dr. Ivona Mladineo – firstname.lastname@example.org