The International Clinical Research Center (FNUSA-ICRC) of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno, Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment. Translational Neuroscience and Aging Program of the FNUSA-ICRC focuses on understanding the mechanisms underlying pathogenesis of neurodegenerative disorders with particular interest in understanding the role of the axons in Alzheimer’s disease and traumatic brain injury.
As a top Central European research center with more than 300 researchers, new technologies and EU grant support, we focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. In both areas we partner with world-class research centers and universities.
FNUSA-ICRC is the holder of the „HR Excellence in Research Award“ given by the European Commission to a research institute. This award is a mark of quality and a lasting commitment to developing and creating favorable conditions for employees in the institution in accordance with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the recruitment of researchers.
Join our team and take the next step in your career with us!
Starting date: March or April 2022
Workload: 1,0 FTE (40 hours per week)
We are looking for a motivated postdoctoral fellow who will join the translational neuroscience and aging team of Dr. Stokin. The selected postdoctoral researcher will engage in an independent project investigating long-term consequences of axonal injury at the interface between traumatic brain injury and Alzheimer’s disease in addition to contributing to other projects in the Lab, which all involve studies of axonal transport and the interaction of the axons with their surrounding environment in a neurodegeneration setting.
Your main tasks will include:
- Carry out independent research under tutorship of the PI
- Participate in regular internal presentations of performed research
- Coordinate research with other researchers within the Lab
- Prepare research presentations and publications
- Engage in research grants in the field of performed research
- Represent the Lab within and beyond CTM and FNUSA-ICRC
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- PhD degree in neurosciences, biochemistry or cell biology or similar
- Hand-on experience in biochemistry, cell biology (essential)
- Knowledge of the research field of neurodegenerative disorders (desired)
- Minimum of 3 publications in impact factor journals
- Excellent command of English
- Solid communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills combined with proactive attitude to finding and interpreting result
- Team-oriented attitude with an ability to cooperate on defined goals
- working in international multidisciplinary team;
- fixed-term contract until end of June 2023;
- pleasant and modern work environment in Brno, a very nice city to live and work;
- access to high technology;
- opportunities for further education and training, mentoring the possibility of professional and career growth;
- 25 days of holiday, 2 sick days;
- contribution for vaccination against covid-19, influenza and tick-borne encephalitis and other infectious diseases;
- cafeteria system, meal allowance, health insurance and other benefits https://fnusa.jobs.cz/benefits .
If you are interested, we will be glad to hear from you! Send us your CV in English including the list of publications, cover letter describing motivation and previous research experience and 2 recommendation contacts to: English) with Consent to the processing of personal data to Karolina.email@example.com