Postdoctoral Researcher position
in Physics of Condensed Matter and Materials Research
X-ray scattering specialist
at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic.
We are currently looking for a Post-doc researcher who could join our project from January 2021.
- Master degree in Physics of Condensed Matter, Chemistry, or Materials Science (Ph.D. degree is advantage but not necessary)
- Advanced experimental and theoretical experiences in X-ray scattering, X-ray diffraction, SAXS, PDF analysis or XRD/XRR investigation of thin films
- Willingness to participate in multi-disciplinary research
- High motivation, work independently and in team, interest to study new perspective materials
- Exciting research environment in our research group consisting of internationally recognized researchers as well as young scientists with team spirit.
- Top-class instrumentally equipped X-ray laboratory (high and low temperature X-ray powder diffractometers, diffractometers for investigation of thin films, SAXS system)
- Very well equipped laboratory for materials preparation, research and characterization (SEM, HR-TEM, DSC, AFM, furnaces, …).
- Close international cooperation with top universities and institutes worldwide
- Gross monthly salary of 50 000,- CZK + bonuses
- Carrier development – working position at the biggest and most prestigious university in the Czech Republic
- Employment benefits of the Charles University employee
- Active participation at prestigious conferences in Europe and worldwide
- Flexible working hours
Selected candidate will participate in a research project within one of following fields:
- Materials on the basis of severely perturbed carbon
- Nanocrystalline and epitaxial thin films for microelectronics
- Nanocrystalline metal oxides with photocatalytic properties or
- Light-weight metallic materials
In case you are interested in this position, send your CV and a brief statement of interest to Vladislava Vojtíšková at email@example.com.