Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position:
Postdoctoral Researcher in Discrete Algorithms and Discrete Mathematics
- Number of open positions: 1
- Application deadline: 31 October 2023
- Working Hours: full-time (40 hours per week)
- Expected start: preferred between January and April 2024 / by mutual agreement
- Employment: 6-9 month contract
- Workplace: Faculty of Informatics – Department of Computer Science, Masaryk University, Botanická 68a, Brno
- EU Researcher Profile: Researcher 2
- Salary: 68000 CZK per month (gross)
Job description key points
The postdoctoral position is focused on research under the supervision of Daniel Kráľ at the DIMEA laboratory of the Faculty of Informatics:
- research work on problems in extremal combinatorics in the framework of the MASH project investigated by professor Daniel Kráľ;
- preparing conference and journal papers containing project results;
- presenting project results at conferences, seminars, workshops and other suitable venues;
- other activities to increase the visibility of research of the Faculty of Informatics and the DIMEA laboratory.
The successful candidate must have
- PhD in computer science or mathematics or a closely related discipline;
- a strong research record in discrete mathematics;
- good programming skills (an advantage);
- experience with active participation in research projects (an advantage);
- ability to communicate fluently in English – both oral communication and writing/reading;
- ability for future professional individual development;
- ability to work well in interdisciplinary teams.
Applicants should submit
- CV including the list of publications;
- copy of the PhD diploma (notarial certification not required) or a letter from the PhD supervisor confirming the expected date of the PhD defence;
- cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position;
- names of two referees who will be contacted to provide letters of reference in case the application is shortlisted.
- an interesting job in a prestigious university environment with international overlap and cooperation with the tech industry;
- career development and growth (e.g. university seminar series, courses provided by MU, participation in conferences, staff mobility training, participation in research projects, support of project department);
- relocation support and help from the Welcome Office MU;
- employee benefits such as 6 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, Multisport card, vaccination allowance, discounted language courses, childcare group at MU building (Komenského nám., Brno) (detailed information at Benefits | FI MU (muni.cz);
- workplace close to the centre of Brno with parking directly on the faculty premises.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application. In case this way of submission would not be possible, we also accept a paper application with a declaration of the reason for such a submission.
The selection process is based on the Open Transparent Merit-based Recruitment Policy. Faculty of Informatics holds the HR Excellence in Research Award. The rules of the selection processes at the Faculty of Informatics MU can be found at Selection procedure | FI MU (muni.cz).
Once submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email. Candidates successful in the first round of the selection process will be invited for an in-person interview or a video-conference interview. Candidates who succeed in the second round will be invited to present a public lecture.
Queries regarding the submission procedure can be sent to HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries regarding the position as such can be sent to professor Daniel Kráľ: email@example.com.
Further information is available: