ALGATECH is an internationally recognised centre for basic and applied research of microalgae, cyanobacteria and photosynthetic bacteria, including the development of algal biotechnology. www.alga.cz/en/
We look for postdoctoral researchers in Algal Molecular/Cell Biology
Kateřina Bišová has been leading an established Laboratory of Cell Cycles of Algae for more than 10 years. Currently, 7 staff members from 4 nations are working on 2 research projects. Our main interest is to understand how the growth and production of energy reserves is coordinated with the progression of the cell cycle. To address the research questions, we combine methods of cell biology, physiology, genetics, molecular biology and bioinformatics on our model green algae, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, Desmodesmus quadricauda and Parachlorella kessleri. We are seeking postdoctoral fellows for a project investigating the interactions between growth, energy production and cell cycle in algae.
- full time position for two years with possibility of extension, and switching to tenure-track position, competitive salary
- start date in Spring/early Summer 2023 or based on agreement
- participation in cutting-edge research projects
- access to the state-of-the-art research infrastructure & equipment
- English speaking, stimulating and friendly environment
- international collaboration & visibility
- professional career development & soft skills
- work-life balance in a historic city in a nature reserve with opportunities for outdoor and cultural activities
- have a PhD in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, or botany (experience with molecular techniques is an advantage)
- previous experience with algal species is an advantage
- have an excellent knowledge of English – oral and written
- have independent thinking & passion for science
- are open to learn new techniques and develop new approaches
- are able to work in an international team and collaborate with other researchers and students
- have an active attitude to problem-solving
Please submit your structured CV including list of publications, motivation letter and contacts of two referees via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tue 28 Feb 2023 23:59 CET.
Interviews with selected applicants will be held in March 2023.