The Institute of Photonics and Electronics v. v. i., in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, as amended by the Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position focusing on the development of functional coatings for affinity optical biosensors.
Our research team Optical Biosensors (team leader Prof. Jiří Homola) is currently looking for postdoc research fellow focusing on the development of functional coatings for optical affinity biosensors.
Do you want to use your knowledge and experience in the preparation of functional materials and coatings? Do you want to develop advanced surfaces for investigation of molecular systems, medical diagnostics or environmental monitoring? Are you enthusiastic about multidisciplinary projects in which you can work closely with experts from various disciplines (chemistry, biology, photonics, or microfluidics) and develop new optical biosensors? If your answer is yes, you should apply for this position!
The selected candidate will carry out research and development of functional coatings for optical affinity biosensors.
Specific tasks include:
- development of advanced functional surfaces (e.g. based on zwitterionic polymers or photoactivatable systems) for affinity biosensors based on photonic micro- and nano-structures,
- preparation and characterization of developed functional surfaces,
- use of functional surfaces for the study of biomolecular interactions and detection of biomolecules related to medical diagnostics and environmental monitoring.
- Ph. D. in organic chemistry, macromolecular chemistry, physical chemistry, chemical engineering or similar,
- publication record in relevant field of material sciences,
- experience in research and development of functional coatings for affinity biosensing is of advantage,
- experience with the development and characterization of nanomaterials and nanostructures is of advantage.
- interesting and challenging work in an international research team,
- work on multidisciplinary scientific projects with real-world impact,
- excellent research infrastructure,
- language and professional training courses,
- 5 weeks of vacations,
- sport allowance (Multisport card).
Terms of employment
Full-time employment contract for 2 years (with the possibility of an extension) starting from January 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
In order to apply, please, respond to Mrs. Jana Petrlova (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following documents:
- cover letter,
- list of publications.
In the subject line of your email, please, state that you apply for Postdoctoral research fellow position in functional coatings for affinity optical biosensors.
In order to conduct the selection procedure on the position you are applying for it is necessary to collect and process your personal data. By replying to this ad, you provide to the Institute of Photonics and Electronics, Czech Academy of Sciences (located at Chaberská 1014/57, 18251, Praha 8, Czech Republic) your personal data only for the purpose of the selection process. The personal data shall be stored for the duration of the selection procedure, and further for max. 6 months after the termination of the selection procedure for the legitimate interest of the controller in order to prove the proper course of the selection procedure and to evaluate the results of the selection procedure. During metioned period personal data can be stored on our internal and an external storage (owned by Microsoft Corp.) with dedicated access. After the above period expires, your personal data will be permanently deleted.