The Institute of Photonics and Electronics v. v. i., in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, as amended by the Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in the field of nanomaterials for amplified optical spectroscopy.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The selected candidate will carry out research into fluorescence spectroscopy and applications of fluorescence spectroscopy in life sciences. Specifically, the candidate will be expected to:
- Design, prepare and characterize hybrid nanomaterials with actively tunable plasmonic characteristics,
- Implement the developed materials for the amplification of weak optical spectroscopy signals,
- Participate in applications of these materials for optical spectroscopy-based detection and interaction analysis of biomolecules.
- Ph. D. degree in physics, optics, material science, or similar,
- publication record in the field of (bio)photonics,
- experience in research in optical biotechnologies.
- interesting and challenging job in an international environment,
- work in a large multidisciplinary research team,
- excellent research infrastructure.
Terms of employment:
The initial period of employment is 1 year (with the possibility of an extension), starting from July 1, 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
We ask that candidates to send a letter of application (cover letter), CV, list of publications and two references to Ms. Jana Petrlova (email@example.com). In the subject line of your email, please, state that you apply for Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position in Optical Nanomaterials. The deadline for applications is May 30, 2018.
Your personal data will be processed only for the purpose and for the duration of this selection procedure.
This position is supported by European Union through grant from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic (call: International Mobility of Researchers, Program: Operational programme research, development and education).