The position is open at the Department of Nanocatalysis, within a project oriented on the catalysis by sub-nanometer size-selected clusters and nanoparticulate catalysts. The new team member will focus on the synthesis, characterization and testing of nanocatalysts; will be involved in the operation, design and development of custom scientific equipment; and in the collection, analysis and interpretation of data, including the publication of results. We welcome candidate who have extended experience with the fabrication and characterization of model or industrial catalyst.
Type of contract: Temporary
Job status: Full time
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in physics, chemistry, chemical engineering or a related field
- required research experience: 0 – 4 years
- expertise in the synthesis of size-selected clusters by physical and/or chemical methods
- expertise with (ultra)high vacuum techniques
- experience in catalyst testing using mass spectroscopy and/or gas chromatography
- skilled in data acquisition, data analysis and interpretation
- experience with X-ray based characterization techniques, including in situ synchrotron-based ones a plus
- good scientific publication record in line with experience
- 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year + 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
- Flexible working-time, the possibility of part-time work, work-life balance
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sports and cultural activities
- Recreation subsidy, recreation subsidy for children
- Possibility of attending children groups of the CAS
- Possibility to use discounts in recreation centers of the CAS
- Sports goods rental, free parking, trade union library
- Language courses
- Attractive location
- Health and social insurance paid mandatory by the institute
Cover Letter, CV, copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of defense, brief summary of previous research activities and complete list of publications, and at least two letters of references to be sent by the referees directly to email@example.com. Please, write in the subject line of your email SC2023_03.
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of the J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry only. At the same time you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.