Join Our Cutting-Edge Research in Experimental Hypertension
IPHYS Laboratory of Experimental Hypertension, located at the prestigious Czech Academy of Sciences‘ Biomedical Research Campus in Prague, is a renowned Institute specializing in normal and pathological physiology. Comprised of several scientific and service departments for experimental research (http://www.fgu.cas.cz/en/), we are at the forefront of advancing knowledge in the field.
Laboratory of Experimental Hypertension, under the leadership of Dr. Ivana Vaneckova, an esteemed expert in the field, focuses on studying the mechanisms of blood pressure regulation and developing new therapies for hypertension (https://www.fgu.cas.cz/en/departments/experimentalni-hypertenze).
Our research areas include:
- Investigating the cardiovascular actions of new antidiabetic gliflozins in experimental hypertension, chronic heart and kidney disease.
- Exploring the central and peripheral mechanisms contributing to blood pressure maintenance
- Understanding the role of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems in cardiovascular diseases.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated young scientist to join our team for a Postdoctoral position in the Laboratory of Experimental Hypertension.
As a postdoctoral researcher, you will have the opportunity to conduct independent research within the field of experimental hypertension and its cardiovascular complications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing experiments, analysing and interpreting data.
- Writing publications and project applications.
To be successful in this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- PhD degree (with up to 8 years since obtaining the PhD) in physiology, medicine, (molecular) biology, or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated interest in animal physiology, with prior experience in animal handling being advantageous (but not required).
- Experience in cardiovascular research.
- Advanced knowledge of molecular biology techniques
- Excellent track record of scientific publications.
- Motivation for scientific exploration, coupled with a willingness to learn new methods.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with proficiency in PC literacy.
- The opportunity to work in a creative and friendly environment that encourages collaboration and innovation in academic environment.
- Fixed-term employment with the possibility of extension, starting upon agreement.
- Full-time position (1.0 FTE), home office depending on the nature of the work.
- Competitive salary based on internal rules of the Institute, skills and experience of the candidate.
- Language courses, on-site parking, bike room, campus hostel, support for international colleagues.
- 5 weeks holiday + 1 week additional holiday + 3 sick days
- Meal allowance of CZK 100 per day
- Access to unique rat strains for your research.
Expected start date: As soon as possible (negotiable).
Application Details: To apply for this position, please submit the following documents to Ing. Katerina Rozsypalova at email@example.com
- Cover Letter and CV showcasing your research experience and qualifications.
- Supporting letters from professional experts.
- List of full papers you have authored.
Join our team of dedicated researchers and contribute to groundbreaking discoveries in experimental hypertension. We look forward to receiving your application and discussing how you can make a significant impact on our research efforts.