We are looking for a postdoctoral associate with a strong background in quantum chemistry and method development to work in the group of Dr. Libor Veis at J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry in Prague.
The successful candidate will be involved in the development, implementation, and application of DMRG-based electronic structure methods for molecules with strongly correlated electrons. In particular, he/she will focus on the scalable implementation of the multiconfigurational adiabatic connection approach for dynamic correlation within the DMRG model, and/or DFT embedding of DMRG calculations.
The initial contract period will be for 1 year with a possible extension to up to 3 years and with the possibility of research stays in collaborating groups (Poland, USA).
Starting date: January 2023 (can be negotiated)
- PhD in physics or chemistry
- expertise in quantum chemistry and method development
- expertise in C++/Python programming
- good publication record (4+ publications in high-impact journals)
- experience with parallel programming is most welcome
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Please, write in the subject line of your email SC2022_29.
- 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year + 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
- Flexible working-time, the possibility of part-time work, work-life balance
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sports and cultural activities
- Recreation subsidy, recreation subsidy for children
- Possibility of attending children groups of the CAS
- Possibility to use discounts in recreation centers of the CAS
- Sports goods rental, free parking, trade union library
- Language courses
- Accommodation facilities
- Attractive location
- Health and social insurance paid mandatory by the institute
By providing us with your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of the J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry only. At the same time, you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.