Laboratory of Molecular Physiology of Bone on the Institute of Physiology in Prague, Czech Republic, is seeking a scientist for a position:
Postdoctoral position in Molecular Physiology of Bone
A Postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Michaela Tencerova (PhD at Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic, Postdoc at University of Massachusetts, Worcester, USA and University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark) at the Institute of Physiology (IPHYS) Prague. IPHYS is a leading research institute in the field of normal and pathological physiology. It consists of a number of scientific and service departments and shared equipment for the research (http://www.fgu.cas.cz/en/). IPHYS is also connected with the centers of excellence and is the partner of excellence project BIOCEV (including Mouse genotyping center) carried out jointly with other Academy of Sciences’ institutes and Charles University in Prague.
The research in the laboratory of Dr. Michaela Tencerova (https://www.fgu.cas.cz/en/departments/laboratory-of-molecular-physiology-of-bone) is focused on studying the physiological role of bone marrow adipose tissue in relation to bone and fat metabolism in metabolic complications. The research continues on our previous studies identifying unique metabolic phenotype of bone marrow adipocytes comparing to peripheral adipose tissue in obesity with a focus on specific targets in the regulation of bone marrow homeostasis (Tencerova et al, Cell Reports, 2019; Tencerova et al., Bone Res, 2019; Tencerova et al., JBMR 2018). The successful applicant will work in the international and friendly environment. The research project will include the work with murine and human cellular systems (bone marrow stromal stem cells) and animal transgenic models applying high-throughput methods such as RNA sequencing, metabolomics, lipidomics, and bioenergetics. The research will be conducted in collaboration with prestigious national and international laboratories in USA and Europe.
We are looking for:
- Highly motivated, independent, creative candidates with PhD degree (with up to 8 years from PhD) in molecular biology, biochemistry, physiology, medicine, pharmacology or related disciplines,
- advanced experience with molecular biology techniques, in vitro cell culture methods, cloning, CRISPR technology, animal work (metabolic assays, drug administration etc.)
- track record of scientific publications, capability of working in international team, great level of English in written and spoken form
- Working in international environment
- Competitive salary
- Social benefits (health insurance, contribution to pension, diets, courses)
- 6 weeks holiday + sick days
The position is available from 1 August 2021 or soon thereafter supported by prestige European grant EFSD/NovoNordisk foundation. The project duration is two-three years with the possibility for extension.
Interested candidates can send their motivation letter and CV (including the list of publications) with the names and contact information of two-three references to email: firstname.lastname@example.org