A postdoctoral position is available to join the team for the project “Timing of the spatial scene processing in the dorsal and ventral visual stream of the human brain“ funded by the Czech Science Foundation.
- Period: 12 months with start upon agreement and possible extension until December 31, 2021
- Contact Person: Ing. Mgr. Jaroslav Hlinka, Ph.D.
- Deadline: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with first cut-off-point on 15.8.2019
The project involves developing, optimizing and applying techniques for analysis of brain activity time series data (intracortical electrophysiology) to provide insight into dynamics of visual processing of spatial scenes in human.
The project is carried out in collaboration with the Institute of Physiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences and the 2nd Medical Faculty of the Charles University.
- Contract is of minimum 12 months duration (with possible extension up to 30 months to be decided after the first year).
- Starting date: position is available immediately.
- This is a full-time fixed term contract appointment. Part time contract negotiable.
- Travel funding available in the project budget for conferences and research stays.
- No teaching duties.
- Applicants should:
- Hold a PhD in computer science, neuroscience or a related discipline. (Applications for a part-time doctoral position will be also considered; supervision of related PhD thesis topics possible at the Czech Technical University or Charles University).
- Be fluent in English.
- We seek curious, self-motivated, hard-working, team-spirited researchers.
- Prior experience with electrophysiological data analysis is advantageous, but not required.
- The applications are to be sent to email@example.com and should contain:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Brief description of applicant’s research interests.
- Two letters of recommendation. The referees should send their recommendations directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A proof of the obtained degree.
Informal inquires can be sent to the principal investigator: Jaroslav Hlinka, hlinka[at]cs.cas.cz.