The J. Heyrovský Institute is a worldwide known, prestigious research institution in the Czech Republic, with established international cooperation. The Institute is a center of fundamental research and promotes the scientific legacy of the Nobel laureate, Professor Jaroslav Heyrovský, in physical chemistry, chemical physics, biophysics, theoretical chemistry and electrochemistry.
The Department of Biophysical Chemistry (group of Prof. Martin Hof) is looking for highly motivated
Postdoctoral Associate – Protein sciences
with deep expertise in molecular biology, biochemistry and biophysics of recombinant proteins. The successful candidate will design, express, purify and characterize recombinant proteins for various biologically oriented projects running at the department and participate in the research of the structure, functionality and dynamics of bio-membranes and proteins on the picosecond to millisecond time scale.
- PhD in biochemistry, protein science or closely related field with 2+ years of professional laboratory experience
- Skilled in molecular cloning and site-directed mutagenesis
- Skilled in protein synthesis and production (small to medium scale)
- Highly skilled in tagged and non-tagged protein purification techniques (IMAC, GST, IEX, SEC and others) using FPLC or HPLC instrumentation (AKTA, Knauer)
- Proficiency in protein labeling and characterization using variety of biochemical and biophysical approaches
- Improve existing or develop new processes, methods and protocols to gain efficiency and quality needed for the project
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Willing and able to work at high level without immediate supervision
- Willing and able to lead others and take responsibility as appropriate, manage projects and conduct relevant laboratory activities, write papers
- Maintenance of experimental records and producing of protein-quality reports
- Effective communication skills in English (written, oral)
- Familiarity with membrane biophysics and fluorescent spectroscopy is an advantage
- A young, international and creative team with a collaborative atmosphere, in laboratories with leading-edge technology and equipment
- Competitive salary; 25 days of vacation + 3 sick days
- Possibility of home office
- Employee benefit package: e.g.: contribution to culture, sport, recreation and children’s activities; kindergarten
- Covered travels to international collaborating groups and conferences
- Possibility of further career and personal development (trainings, workshops,)
- Help with accommodation; Parking
Start date: on agreement
Deadline: The call is valid until filled (the ad will be immediately deleted after the successful candidate is found).
The Department of Biophysical Chemistry has a friendly atmosphere of international colleagues with diverse backgrounds (physics, chemistry, physical chemistry, biochemistry and biology). J. Heyrovský Institute is located in Prague, a multicultural city with a picturesque historical center full of life and culture.
For further information regarding the position please contact:
RNDr. Radek Šachl, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates can send their CV, PhD certificate, motivation letter (with a brief summary of previous research activities), and names plus contacts of three references to email email@example.com (contact person Dominika Patrovska). Please, write in the subject line of your email SC2022_014.
The J. Heyrovský Institute is committed to equality in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of gender or other personal background.