Jan Krivanek’s Dental Development and Regeneration Research group’ focuses on fundamental aspects of developmental biology and its connection with regenerative medicine. We reveal the mechanisms involved in maintaining stem cell niche homeostasis, stem cell activation after injury, and the processes controlling cell differentiation at the molecular level. We are currently looking for a postdoc with experience in stem cell biology, developmental biology or dental research. We offer to work on an exciting and funded research project focused on deciphering the plasticity and function of the dental stem cell niche in vivo, using state-of-the-art methodologies. We offer a competitive salary and international collaborations.
For details about us, please visit our websites: https://histology.med.muni.cz/jan-krivanek.
The successful candidate should:
– be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
– be a researcher who has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
– have a publishing record – in the last 3 years at least 3 publication outputs (“articles”) above the field median (at least 2 of them in Q1) listed by the Web of Science
– have a previous experience with in vivo research (an advantage)
– have a previous experience with stem cell research and developmental biology (an advantage)
– have excellent communication and teamwork skills
MU offers the opportunity to get:
– an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
– diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
– initial appointment for 2 years
– a professional team and pleasant working conditions
– interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
– a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from July 2023 or upon agreement
The submission deadline is 28th February 2023.
Please submit e-application at the website: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/75665.
The application should include:
– a CV including a list of publication activity
– a cover letter describing the applicant’s interest in research in our field of study (max. 1 A4 page)
– a diploma (recognition for diplomas from foreign institutions)
– documents proving the candidate has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic and/or PhD diploma from a foreign institution
A review of applications will start immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Medical Faculty is available at https://www.med.muni.cz/en
- Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/