The Silva lab was established at the Department of Biology of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University in 2019, where it undertakes the study of several aspects linked to accurate chromosome segregation during meiosis, with particular emphasis on DNA repair and establishment of meiotic chromosome synapsis.
We seek a strong willed, hard working postdoctoral candidate who will be embedded in different projects, aimed at characterizing newly identified factors in the lab and important for the successful formation of the gametes, by employing the metazoan Caenorhabditis elegans as a model system.
The successful candidate should:
– be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
– be a researcher who has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
– have a publishing record – in the last 3 years at least 3 publication outputs (“articles”) above the field median (at least 2 of them in Q1) listed by the Web of Science
– a zest for science and a strong sense of curiosity
– previous experience with meiosis and/or DNA repair is highly desirable, but not essential
– a strong background in genetics, molecular biology and biochemistry will be highly advantageous
– have excellent communication skills and teamwork
– being highly organized
MU offers the opportunity to get:
– an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
– diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
– initial appointment for 2 years
– a professional team and pleasant working conditions
– interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
– a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from July 2023 or upon agreement
The submission deadline is 28th February 2023
Please submit e-application at the website: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/75686.
The application should include:
– a CV including a list of publication activity
– a diploma (recognition for diplomas from foreign institutions)
– a short description of research focus and topic which the candidate will work on, justification of the need considering the field
– documents proving the candidate has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic and/or phd diploma from a foreign institution
A review of applications will start immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
· Medical Faculty is available at https://www.med.muni.cz/en
· Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
· Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/