The Sumbalova Koledova Lab at Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic, is looking for a passionate, intellectually curious postdoctoral scientist with an interest in developmental and cancer biology. Potential projects focus on the role of fibroblasts in mammary gland development and breast cancer. The experimental approaches of our interdisciplinary team include mouse models, organoids, biosensors, state-of-the-art imaging techniques, single-cell RNA sequencing, and mathematical modelling. We are closely affiliated with the Central European Institute of Technology, which offers excellent facilities, opportunities for training and cross-disciplinary collaborations. We have active international collaborations with top experts in their field at several excellent international institutions.
Who is the successful candidate?
Candidates should be highly motivated and independent, with expertise in developmental, cell or cancer biology, have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a committed team. Candidates with hands-on experience in mouse genetics, organoids, live cell imaging, image analysis, and/or with bioinformatic skills are particularly welcome.
Importantly, to be eligible for this position:
- the candidate should has received a PhD (or its equivalent) within the last 7 years,
- and have worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad,
- moreover, the candidate should have a publishing record with at least 3 publications (articles) above the field median (at least 2 of them in Q1 and one of them as a first author) as listed by the Web of Science.
Masaryk University offers:
- the opportunity to get an interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her/their family
Anticipated starting date: The position is available from July 2023 or upon agreement
The submission deadline is 28th February 2023.
Please submit e-application at the website: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/75687.
The application should include:
- a CV including a list of publications
- a diploma (recognition for diplomas from foreign institutions)
- a cover letter, including a description of a) your most important research contributions, why your research is important and what impact it has had, b) your research interests and career aspirations, and c) why are you interested in this position.
- contacts for two references
- documents proving the candidate has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic and/or a PhD diploma from a foreign institution
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Dr. Zuzana Sumbalova Koledova (email@example.com) for informal inquiries.
A review of applications will start immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview within one month of the deadline.