The International Clinical Research Center (ICRC) of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno, Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment. As a top Central European research center with more than 300 researchers, new technologies and EU grant support, we focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. In both areas we partner with world-class research centers and universities.
FNUSA-ICRC is the holder of the „HR Excellence in Research Award“ given by the European Commission to a research institute. This award is a mark of quality and a lasting commitment to developing and creating favorable conditions for employees in the institution in accordance with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the recruitment of researchers.
Loschmidt Laboratories conducts research to understand the structure-function relationships of proteins and improve their functionalities for biotechnology and biomedicine. We study the mechanism of Alzheimer’s disease and develop novel drugs for acute stroke.
Join our team and take the next step in your career with us!
Starting date: negotiable
We are looking for:
- Postdoctoral researcher in protein engineering for bioinformatics team
Your main tasks will include:
- Computer modelling of biomolecules and their interactions with small ligands
- Development of computational workflows for protein design and analysis
- Interactions with team members at the interface of theory and experiment
- Ph.D. or equivalent received no longer than 7 years ago
- Strong publishing record
- Experience in molecular modelling or bioinformatics
- Proficiency with Linux, scripting or programming skills advantage
- Experience in the of field of protein engineering advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English and the ability to collaborate in teams
- Work in an inspiring and highly collaborative environment
- Opportunities for experience in private sector – Biovendor (large biotech) and Enantis (spin-off)
- Personal growth, competitive salary and benefits package
If you are interested, we will be glad to hear from you! Send us your CV, a brief cover letter, copy of PhD diploma or official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis and two letters of recommendation (all in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.