Are you interested in language generation, semantics, deep learning, and do you want to address the fundamental limitations of current state-of-the-art language models? Join our research team!
We seek a Postdoctoral researcher for the ERC-sponsored project Next-generation Natural Language Generation (NG-NLG). The project aims to provide a quality breakthrough in natural language generation (NLG) with a combination of symbolic and neural approaches. Current NLG is either one or the other: Symbolic NLG (templates, rules, used in the industry) is costly to develop and lacking in output fluency, while neural NLG (language models, research state of the art) is fluent, but uncontrollable and often produces inaccurate outputs.
What you’ll do
You’ll be at the core of the project, closely cooperating with the PI on developing semantic formalisms based on existing knowledge graphs and semantic annotation, which will be suitable for text planning and NLG. Your core duties will include:
- Research on semantic formalisms for NLG
- Implementing research systems for NLG and natural language understanding (semantic parsing)
- Collaborating with other team members
- Experimental data collection, processing, and analysis
- Co-supervising graduate students on project-related topics
What we need from you
- Experience at PhD level in natural language processing (NLP) or related areas
- Experience with experimental data collection and analysis
- Experience with development of machine learning and deep learning models for NLP
- Strong programming skills (Python, Pytorch/Tensorflow)
- Good academic writing skills & a publication record in your area
For more information about the Institute, offer and the application procedure, please visit: https://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/ng-nlg/postdoc