SELECTION PROCEDURE “NTC EVT 02”
Research focus of the position: Ab initio and experimental design of energy materials
The successful candidate will join an internationally collaboration team of scientists in the New Technologies – Research Centre at University of West Bohemia. The research will be conducted in the group of Associate Professor Dr. Jan Minár and will involve both, computational and experimental work. A main objective is to model, explore and optimize the (electronic, magnetic and spectroscopic) material properties of the photocatalysts for high-purity hydrogen production via electrochemical water splitting. The exact research topic can depend on the background and research interests of the successful applicant. Furthermore, the successful applicant will also have an opportunity to carry out experiments by using our newly acquired state of the art Spin and Angle Resolved Photoemission Spectrometer (SARPES). Thus providing an excellent platform to bridge the theoretical predictions with experimental realization.
Further information about the project can be found at link https://cedam.ntc.zcu.cz/en/index.html.
The Research of Advanced Materials (RAM) group at New Technologies Research Center, develops methods and theory for the state of the art computational approaches devoted to the study of spectroscopic phenomena. In particular, the group is at the fore-front of the development of electronic structure method based on the Green’s function formalism. This method is applicable to crystals, surfaces and clusters. It is capable of handling not only periodic systems, but also chemically disordered alloys. NTC is a center of expertise for theory and experiments in the area of chemical disorder engineering for the manipulation of the material functionalities.
Description of the work position
Selected researchers will strengthen an existing top-quality research team of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen. Their main tasks will be to engage in the activities of the team of experts under the guidance of a mentor and to fulfill tasks specified by the R&D activity plan. Their own scientific work will include publication of R&D results in prestigious foreign impact journals, participation in major conferences, obtaining applied results, involvement in national and international research projects, and organization of the professional life at the workplace (seminars, conferences).
The mentor of the position is Associate Professor Dr. Jan Minár, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
– a properly completed Masters Study Programme (on topics related with Physics, Chemistry and Materials Science or related field) at university or higher education institution in the Czech Republic or a properly completed similar Study Programme abroad recognized in accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education Institutions and on the Amendment and Supplementation of Other Acts (Higher Education Act), as amended.
– Basic knowledge of Density Functional theory (DFT) used for first principle calculations of solid state materials.
– Good programming skills are preferred (e.g Fortran , Python).
The position can be held only by a candidate working full time.
Salary proposed: 30 000 CZK (~ 1150 EUR or 1250 USD) gross monthly wage.
Workload 1.0 – 40 hours/week.
Expected commencement of work: November 2020 – January 2021.
Reception of applications: until 31 August 2020.
Requested form of a candidate´s application
- structured curriculum vitae
- motivation letter
- list of subject and grades from Bachelor’s and Master’s Studies
- copies of the documents proving achieved education (Master diploma or its equivalent),
- copies of documents proving the achieved level of the English language (if applicable)
- name and abstract of Master’s thesis
- contact information of at least one professional reference
Candidates should send all the above mentioned details as a single pdf file to:
Associate Professor Dr. Jan Minár, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +420 735 713 958
The application form, together with all the required documents, is to be submitted electronically. If you have any technical questions, please contact the mentor of this position.
This activity is support by the project CEDAMNF, reg. no. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/15_003/0000358.