Description of the position:
The Institute of Plasma Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IPP Prague) has initiated the construction of a new scientific experiment in the field of magnetic confinement fusion – the COMPASS Upgrade tokamak. The tokamak department is looking for a new staff member with wider skills and interests in physics, who will participate in the development of optical diagnostics tools like an effective ion charge (Zeff) diagnostic, infrared cameras for thermography and UV/USX spectrometers.
- development of optical diagnostics for the COMPASS-U tokamak
- close collaboration with physicists, mechanical engineers and technicians during design, assembly and testing phases
- physics research using the completed diagnostics on the COMPASS-U tokamak
Requirements and skills:
- university education in physics or nuclear or physical engineering (Ph.D. level)
- English – working knowledge
- hands-on experience in plasma/fusion diagnostics, in spectroscopy or in optics
- programming in Python, Matlab or IDL is beneficial
- work within a young team on a unique scientific project
- full-time job
- flexible working hours
- 5-week holidays and sick-days
If interested, please, send a motivation letter and a structured CV and to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommendation letters are welcome.