The Institute of Biotechnology of the Czech Academy of Sciences located in the BIOCEV Centre in Vestec by Prague announces an open competition in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 Coll. on the Czech Academy of Sciences, and the Statutes of the Czech Academy of Sciences for a position
PhD student in Laboratory of Molecular Pathogenetics
to work on innovative projects regarding different ways in which epigenetic signals and transcription factor networks govern self-renewal, cell specification, differentiation, and reprogramming – a crucial step for advances in cell-based therapy and perspectives for medicine.
Using mouse models, we aim to investigate how disruption of transcription networks affect epigenetic landscapes and downstream targets during embryonic development. We will use Cre/loxP and Crispr/Cas9 technologies, global gene expression profiling (RNA sequencing), single cell RNA sequencing, CUT&Tag chromatin profiling, FACS, confocal microscopy, immunohistochemistry, and in situ hybridization to evaluate embryonic phenotypes.
Who are we:
Using genetically modified mouse models and gene expression profiling, we identify molecular targets for the development of preventive and diagnostic strategies.
- transcriptional regulation in neurosensory development and maintenance in the inner ear model
- the molecular mechanisms involved in pathologies associated with diabetes mellitus
- the molecular causes of abnormal embryonic development
More information can be acquired from our websites:
1. ISL1 is necessary for auditory neuron development and contributes towards tonotopic organization. Filova I, et al. accepted PNAS (2022).
2. Single-cell RNA-sequencing analysis of the developing mouse inner ear identifies molecular logic of auditory neuron diversification. Petitpré Ch, et al. Nature Communications 13, 3878 (2022).
3. Bohuslavova et al. NEUROD1 Is Required for the Early α and β Endocrine Differentiation in the Pancreas. Int J Mol Sci. 2021, 22(13):6713.
4. Filova I et al. Combined Atoh1 and Neurod1 Deletion Reveals Autonomous Growth of Auditory Nerve Fibers. Molecular Neurobiology. 2020, 57: 5307–5323.
5. Bohuslavova et al. NEUROD1 Is Required for the Early α and β Endocrine Differentiation in the Pancreas. Int J Mol Sci. 2021, 22(13):6713.
6. Bohuslavova R et al. HIF-1 is required for development of the sympathetic nervous system. PNAS, 2019 116 (27) 13414-13423.
- MSc, MRes, Diploma or an equivalent degree in Biology, Biomedicine, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Chemics or related sciences, to be obtained by the end of academic year 2021/2022
- Experience in laboratory work
- Ability to co-operate with other team members
- High motivation and determination
- Willingness to work with murine models
- Work in modern and well-equipped laboratory within the newly built BIOCEV Centre
- Young and friendly cooperative international team
- 5 weeks vacation
The laboratory is located in the new state-of-the-art BIOCEV Centre in Vestec by Prague (www.biocev.eu)
Deadline for applications: 30.4.2023
For more information please contact Gabriela Pavlinkova (email@example.com).
To apply interested applicants please send your CV and cover letter describing your background and research interests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are on Twitter! @PavlinkovaLab
More details on the processing of personal data are available on the website: https://www.ibt.cas.cz/cs/verejnost-media/oficialni-dokumenty/gdpr/.