WHO WE ARE
Slachtova Laboratory at the Institute of Biology and Medical Genetics, 1. LF UK in Prague is dedicated to investigate genetic mechanisms of neurodegenerative disorders, such as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and frontotemporal dementia (FTD). Our goal is to integrate genomic and other omic data with clinical and epidemiological data to discover novel mechanisms causing ALS.
We are seeking two enthusiastic PhD candidates with an interest in genetics, genomics, bioinformatics, or neurodegeneration to investigate Genetic and epidemiological risk factors causing or contributing to Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) in Slavic population. For this, we use large epidemiological and clinical data, and combine them with high-end technologies such as Genome Wide Arrays, Whole Genome Sequencing or Linkage analysis (EJGH 2016 24 (5), 704-709, Nature genetics 2019 51, 1207-1214).
- 4 year PhD program with financial support (salary + stipend!)
- Interdisciplinarity (Genomics, bioinformatics, epidemiology, neurology)
- International mobility
- Excellent infrastructure
- Courses developing transferable skills (academic writing, statistics, languages)
- Master degree in Life Sciences, Bioinformatics or in Medicine, Fluent English or Czech/Slovak
- Motivated, talented team player – YOU!
- Desirable, but not required: Experience in neurodegeneration or with rare diseases is a plus, experience with a large data is a plus
How to apply
Start date: ASAP, but not later than September 2021