Institute of Biotechnology of the Czech Academy of Sciences announces an open competition in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 Coll. on the Czech Academy of Sciences, and the Statutes of the Czech Academy of Sciences for a position:
Metabolomics Specialist with a Focus on Mass Spectrometry
in the Centre of Molecular Structure, located at the Institute of Biotechnology in BIOCEV campus.
Are you an expert in metabolism and do you have interest in mass spectrometry? We are actively seeking an individual with knowledge of metabolism and willingness to learn and develop their mass spectrometry skills.
The Structural Mass Spectrometry Core Facility is in the process of establishing a new Metabolomics Division and is actively seeking a specialist in the field. This individual will be tasked with setting up methods and workflows for the detection and quantification of metabolites using Bruker’s mass spectrometers.
Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in metabolism: Strong knowledge and experience in metabolic research is essential for this position.
- Mass Spectrometry Learning Opportunity: Basic familiarity with mass spectrometry is a plus, and we encourage candidates with a willingness to master mass spectrometry techniques for metabolomics measurements.
- Instrument Experience: Demonstrated experience with metabolic research, hands on experience with mass spectrometry instruments and liquid chromatography systems a plus.
- Method Development: Proven ability to independently develop and optimize new assays.
- Data Analysis: Proficiency in data processing, analysis, and interpretation.
- Quality Control: Understanding of quality control and assurance procedures to ensure the generation of reliable and reproducible results.
- Passion for metabolic research and a commitment to staying updated with the latest advancements in the field.
- Openness to learning, adopting, and adapting new techniques, technologies, and methodologies in the evolving field of metabolomics.
- Client-Centric Approach: A dedication to understanding the unique research needs and objectives of internal and external customers, ensuring that metabolomics experiments align with their goals.
- Effective Communication: Excellent communication skills for active engagement with researchers, addressing inquiries, providing timely updates, and offering assistance throughout the research process.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and priorities based on feedback and evolving client expectations.
- Problem Solving: Proactive problem-solving mindset to identify potential issues or challenges and collaboratively develop solutions with clients.
- Client Satisfaction: Strong commitment to exceeding client expectations by consistently delivering high-quality metabolomics data and results that drive successful research outcomes.
If you want to use top mass spectrometers to help answer some of the most pressing questions in metabolic research, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and be a part of groundbreaking research in the field of (cancer) metabolism.
- Professional development opportunities through training, workshops, and research opportunities within a multidisciplinary team, including training in the required mass spectrometry/chromatography techniques.
- An inspiring working environment within a scientific center with access to state-of-the-art technologies and well-equipped laboratories.
- Collaboration with experts from various fields, providing opportunities for knowledge exchange and creative collaboration.
- Engage in innovative research and development in the field of metabolomics.
- Flexible work arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
- Five weeks of vacation, competitive bonuses, and meal allowance.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and relevant experience to email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Position for two years with possible extension, expected start May 2024.
For more information, please, contact Jan Dohnalek (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Petr Pompach (email@example.com).
More details on the processing of personal data are available on the website: https://www.ibt.cas.cz/cs/o-ustavu/oficialni-dokumenty/gdpr/.