We seek an enthusiastic and experienced NLP Researcher who will contribute to the development of the NLP field in Slovakia to become a strong player in world´s AI and to bridge academia and industry, participate in interesting collaboration with industry and knowledge transfer. Slovak as a low-resource language is less developed in terms of NLP therefore there is a big opportunity to be the one who provides some intelligent NLP services.
Focus of our NLP team:
- Low-resource languages
- Language modeling
- Multilingual learning
- Trustworthy NLP (explain/ability and transparency in NLP)
- Planned: Multi-modal language processing
Not limited to any domain
- Participation in basic and/or applied research project (collaboration with industry)
- Research and development of methods based on machine learning (statistical, neural network-based) focused on natural language processing (NLP)
- Scientific experimentation and evaluation of methods and phenomena related with natural language processing
- Based on seniority-level/interest: project preparation, grant proposal, networking/collaboration seeking
- Master degree in any of (or equivalent):
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Natural language processing
- Data analysis, Data engineering
- Computer science, Information systems, Software engineering
- Basic coverage of AI/ML topics expected
- Planned, running or finished PhD studies
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing (best match deep NLP)
- Preferred technologies: Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, HuggingFace, AWS, GCP, Azure
- Understanding research cycle (observation, hypothesis, evaluation)
- Knowledge of math (one of linear algebra, statistics, optimization)
- Ability to present own ideas and solutions
Minimum offered salary is 1800+EUR gross, the final offer depends on the seniority and experience of a successful candidate.
Interested? Apply here!
KInIT is an independent non-profit institute dedicated to intelligent technology research. We bring together and nurture experts in artificial intelligence and other areas of computer science, with connections to other disciplines:
- Web and user data processing including false information and malicious behavior modelling
- Processing and comprehension of natural language
- Data analysis for green energy
- Information security
- Ethics and human values in intelligent technologies
KInIT combines the excellent competencies of academic researchers and educators with innovative companies, their needs and experience. By involving the private sector, we seek to create a healthy research ecosystem that is connected to existing universities, the Slovak Academy of Sciences and above all to the international community.