The Dean of the Faculty of Informatics of Masaryk University invites applications for a position of „Lecturer in Programming and Foundations of Computer Science“.
Job Description Keypoints
- Tutoring of programming and programming skills in various programming languages and paradigms at Bachelor and Master degree levels.
- Tutoring introductory courses on theoretical foundations of Computer Science at Bachelor level.
- Preparing, running and coordinating hands-on seminars as part of the teaching duties.
- Development and support of a homework assignment submission and auto-grading system.
- Taking part in preparation, realization, and evaluation of exams.
- Continuous improvement of personal teaching skills.
The successful candidate must have
- a Master Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related discipline;
- a passion for problem-solving and a desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills;
- a programming experience, preferably in several programming languages and paradigms;
- existing experience with the teaching of programming skills or programming languages;
- an ability to work well as a team member or leader;
- fluent Czech or Slovak language skills.
- The monthly salary is 49 000 CZK
Applicants should submit
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application at https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/59414. In case this way of submission would not be possible, we also accept a paper application with a declaration of the reason for the such submission.