Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position of Lecturer at the Department of Visual Computing.
Working Hours: part-time (20 hours per week)
Applications due: June 30, 2022
Employment start date: September 2022 or by mutual agreement
Salary: 31 000 CZK / month (62 000 for the full-time equivalent)
Job Description Keypoints
- Preparing, running and coordinating hands-on courses covering both theory and practice of photography based on the existing courses curriculum of these courses:
- VV045 Portrait Photographapy
- VV033 Light and Surfaces in Photography
- VV034 Effects in Phtography
- VV042 History of Photography
- Most of the courses of Photography are based in the photo-studio. Good technical knowledge of the photo-studio equipment is required, inclusive of care of the photo-studio equipment.
The successful candidate must have
- good communication skills, ability to work independently, being enthusiastic and creative, resourceful and responsible;
- a passion for problem-solving and a desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills;
an ability to work well as a team member or leader;
- established art career as a photographer;
- ability to supervise Bachelor’s and Master’s theses;
- record of active participation on proposal and grant writing, student exhibitions, artwork production, publishing;
- proficiency in English language and university education.
- Knowledge of Czech language is welcome but not required.
Applicants should submit
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and in research grants;
cover letter explaining your interest in the position;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process,
names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application at Lecturer at the Department of Visual Computing. In case this way of submission would not be possible, we also accept a paper application with a declaration of the reason for such a submission.
Any queries related to the submission shall be sent to: email@example.com.
Further information is available: