Title: Lead Faculty, Tech Career Accelerator Program
Regular: Part time Contract
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Reports to: Academic Manager, IFSA Czech Republic
Salary: 38,000 CZ per month for Lead Faculty role
165,000 CZ per term per class (4 credit hour)
The Lead Faculty (LF) provides valuable academic leadership for IFSA’s Tech Career Accelerator programs, ensuring the highest quality student learning. The LF works closely with the local team of Academic Manager, Student Experience Coordinators, and the Director. The LF is responsible for supporting several key areas of IFSA’s programs: teaching and learning; academic integrity; faculty recruitment, retention, and development; curricular development; institutional relations; and academic advising.
The Lead Faculty promotes collaborative problem solving and open communication on site and with Academic Programs leadership abroad. The LF is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and using data-driven decision making to deepen and enrich the student learning experience on site.
The LF comes from a technical and academic background in Computer Science. The LF will have experience with and understanding of international education in Prague/Czech Republic/Central Europe, including a grasp of trends and opportunities. Connections with local tech companies and universities are critical. The LF will teach a computer science class for the TCA program each semester.
- Work closely with the Academic Manager and on-site Director on all issues related to program academic operations.
- Provide Academic leadership and vision to enhance the quality and reputation of the TCA program with IFSA’s US partners
- Lead the hiring, training, and development of computer science faculty
- Conduct in person periodic reviews/assessments of faculty teaching; design development plans for faculty as needed
- Collect and analyze data reporting on student learning success including actions plans for deepening student learning
- Keep accurate and appropriate records for faculty and students per IFSA’s policies
- Ensure syllabi are updated according to Academic Affairs policies
- Develop portfolio of tech companies for challenge projects in collaboration with Academic Manager and site Director
- Collaborate closely with AVP Academic Affairs on development projects related to design of new computer science classes throughout the IFSA portfolio based upon market demands/school requests/timely subjects
- Support meetings/communications with Development Partner schools in the United States and Academic Advisory Council
- Design training sessions for faculty: active and inclusive pedagogy; Canvas; authentic assessments
- Establish network of tech companies interested in supporting challenge projects
- Collaborate with Academic Manager and Core class faculty on challenge projects scope/goals
- Leverage tech sector contacts to build portfolio of internship opportunities for students
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office systems including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook required.
- Advanced skills in working with Excel including design of pivot tables desired.
- Knowledge of CRMs, specifically Salesforce desired.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Style Required
- 5 years of work experience in higher education in Czech Republic, specifically in area of teaching computer science classes
- Fluency in English and Czech
- Experience in and knowledge of the tech sector in the Czech Republic
- Doctorate required in an area of computer science
- Strong time management and planning skills, with the ability to work independently to execute time-sensitive tasks and duties successfully
- Strong attention to detail in creating internal and external documents and in managing program and administrative data
- Strong digital competencies, including the ability to engage with multiple systems and our database platform, Salesforce.
- Ability to cultivate and model practices and behaviors that reflect IFSA’s organizational commitments of Our commitments to inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact
- Proven ability to work well in a team and to engage effectively with colleagues across an organization
- Ability to engage with and support students with diverse lived experiences including students of color, students with mental and physical disabilities, first-generation college students, and LGBTQIA+ students
- Flexibility and ability to adapt and thrive in ambiguous and changing situations and to shift focus and reprioritize work as needed
- An ability to respond calmly and professionally to emergency situations
- The legal right to work in Czech Republic required
Physical & Work Environment
- Working on a computer, making phone/video calls.
- Required to navigate and travel around the city and for excursions, potentially outdoors in the heat or cold
- Occasional travel around the local city and remote locations is required
- Occasional facilitation of student learning outside of normal working hours, and outside of the normal place of work
- Occasional physical activities such as arranging chairs/tables in conference room settings.
- Ability to attend occasional meetings outside of local business hours, due to the global nature of our operations
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV for this position via IFSA’s career page: https://www.ifsa-butler.org/connect-with-us/ifsa-job-openings/
In your cover letter, offer a compelling “Why” statement as to your suitability to the role using the job responsibilities and organizational commitments as a framework.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
IFSA is an equal opportunity employer, and our hiring process is inclusive of all genders and gender expressions, races and ethnicities, ages, religions and sexualities as well as veterans and people with disabilities.