We would like to announce an open position of Laboratory Technician in Histology Unit for the Czech Centre for Phenogenomics research infrastructure
What will be your main job responsibilities?
- Performing of gross morphology necropsies of laboratory animals (rodents)
- Preparation and processing of paraffin and cryo histology samples
- Preparation of chemicals and staining solutions
- Basic, special histological and immunohistochemical (both BF and IF) staining of tissues and cells
- Data processing
- Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Collaboration in the preparation and implementation of experiments in histopathology field
- Working in certified GLP conditions (good laboratory practice)
- Other work activities as instructed by direct supervisors
The best candidate is
- a person with at least a relevant high-school education (preferably in medical, veterinary or laboratory related field) or with college / bachelor degree in life-sciences
- capable to work with laboratory animals and animal samples (mainly rodents) and medically fit to do so
- interested in learning and understanding of new lab methods and techniques
- capable to communicate with English speaking colleagues (B1/B2 level)
An experience with work in the histopathology laboratory, with rodent handling, study/work experience abroad and a valid certificate for working with laboratory animals are an asset. However, the position is also suitable for graduates.
What do we offer?
We are a top international research infrastructure dealing with all aspects of genetics and physiology of laboratory rodents, so you will get:
- Unique work experience in lab animals and genetic research and preclinical testing
- Opportunities for career development in the field, including possible participation in professional courses in the Czech Republic or abroad
- A diverse workload, friendly working team, competitive salary and bonuses
- Wide spectrum of standard benefits offered by the Czech Academy of Sciences (five weeks of holiday, sick-days, nursery, language courses, sports/culture/insurance allowance etc.)
- Full-time / Part-time contract negotiable
We give the first employment contract for a fixed term (usually one year) with the possibility of a further long-term extension. Starting date in negotiable. The place of work is the CCP building on the BIOCEV campus in Vestec near Prague.
Please send your application and CV and any other supporting materials by email to Mr Libor Danek at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Mrs Dagmar Zudova, DVM, at (+420) 325 843 202.