Are you a student of mechanical or electrical engineering? Do you enjoy model making, DIY, and various manual works? If so, we have an interesting offer for you in the following lines for the position of Laboratory Technician!
The HiLASE Center is focused on the technological development of a new generation of diode-pumped lasers with a wide range of uses for scientific and industrial applications. HiLASE helps companies solve their needs and problems in an innovative way using globally unique laser technologies.
Explore the HiLASE Center with a virtual tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9py5G6bmR8
What do you need to have or know?
- manual dexterity
- basic electrical skills (cable connection, soldering, etc.)
- basic plumbing skills (easy water connection)
- precision, responsibility, and the ability to organize your work
- the well friendly and communicative approach to our colleagues – in Czech and English
What will be the result of your work with us?
- laboratory maintenance, organization of optomechanical components
- after completing training in handling laser optics and cleaning optics and optical components – inventory, inventory management
- making simple plumbing / electrical connections
- cleaning of mechanical parts in an ultrasonic cleaner
- performing simple mechanical tasks such as drilling, grinding, etc. using our workshop
- printing parts on a 3D printer
- work in a clean environment, sometimes in laser glasses
- moving objects using a pallet truck
What can you expect from us?
- An exciting and diverse job where you will definitely not be bored
- Possibility of self-realization and application of own ideas
- Flexible working hours
- Training in machine shops, 3D printing, electrical safety (Decree 50), cleaning and handling of laser optics, laser safety training, etc.
- Support for further education, personal development, and growth
- Opportunity to work in a unique science center with an international team
- A well-coordinated team of people who take work as a mission and a challenge
- for full-time 5 weeks holiday, 6 days of personal leave and other employee benefits
- starting day ASAP
- min. part-time (20h/week), max full-time
- fixed-term employment contract (min. 1 year)
If you are interested in this job offer, send me your CV and a few words about why you would like to become a member of the HiLASE team at: email@example.com
Ms. Olga Lakomá
HiLASE Center Institute of Physics ASCR, v.v.i.
Please, include the following text in your e-mail / letter:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll.(Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.