Are you a problem solver with passion for scientific discovery?
Join our dynamic research group, specializing in cutting-edge physics and chemistry of 2D nanomaterials, as a Lab Technician. As a vital member of our team, you’ll support our research activities involving state-of-the-art optical spectroscopy, scanning probe microscopy, and electrochemistry.
Your responsibilities will include the preparation of solutions/materials, working in a cleanroom, and maintaining spectrometers, microscopes, and electrical analyzers. You will be co-responsible for basic lab administration, health and safety protocols, purchasing chemicals/materials/equipment, and other administration. The exact range and nature of the tasks and responsibilities will depend on the skills of the successful applicant.
You will have a master’s degree in chemistry/materials science/physics or related fields and a relevant laboratory experience. We expect our new colleague to thrive working in a research environment, be capable of independent thinking, and have a can-do attitude. Experience with administrative tasks in an academic environment is desirable. Excellent oral and written communication in English is a must, good knowledge of Czech is desirable.
Our team is part of a larger collaboration including more than 20 postdocs and PhDs. We share a range cutting-edge instrumental facilities including fully-equipped cleanrooms and advanced techniques such as tip-enhanced Raman spectroscopy. We collaborate with several high-profile researchers in the USA, Germany, and United Kingdom.
Our Institute is a top-ranking research facility in the Czech Republic, continuing the legacy of the Nobel prize winner J. Heyrovský, and holding the HR Excellence in Research Award. We are located in the beautiful historic city of Prague, a vibrant hub of education, science, and culture, with great transport links, food options, and outdoor areas. For more information, visit www.nanocarbon.cz
This position remains open until a suitable candidate is found.
For more information, please contact Dr. Matěj Velický, email@example.com.
Type of contract: Temporary
Job status: Full-time
– We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic colleague with passion for science who has excellent communication skills, is a problem-solver, and thrives working within a team of researchers.
– You will have a master’s degree in chemistry, physics, or materials science.
– You will have a good experience in at least one of the following areas: general laboratory environment, Raman spectroscopy, 2D materials, thin-layer deposition, electrochemistry, clean room environment.
– You will be well versed in a good laboratory practice and administration, have experience with designing instrumental setups, analysing data, writing technical reports or manuscripts.
– Desirable criteria include experience with designing instrumental setups, publications in peer-reviewed journals, PhD degree, knowledge of the Czech language.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to recruitment(at)jh-inst.cas.cz. Please write in the subject line of your email SC2023_12.
– 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year + 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
– Flexible working-time, the possibility of part-time work, work-life balance
– Lunch vouchers
– Subsidy for sports and cultural activities
– Recreation subsidy, recreation subsidy for children
– Possibility of attending children groups of the CAS
– Possibility to use discounts in recreation centers of the CAS
– Sports goods rental, free parking, trade union library
– Language courses
– Attractive location
– Health and social insurance paid mandatory by the institute
By providing us with your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of the J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry only. At the same time, you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.