The neuroanatomy division of the Department of Anatomy invites motivated neuroscientists to join the team investigating the role of brain barriers in pathology.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years,
- be a researcher who has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad,
- have a publishing record – in the last 3 years at least 2 publication outputs (“articles”) above the field median listed by the Web of Science with 1 article as first or corresponding author.
- have experience in working with in vivo and in vitro models of brain barriers,
- expert in molecular biology and electrophysiology (patch clamp) techniques,
- master knowledge of neuroanatomy,
- have excellent communication skills and teamwork.
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- establishment and funding of your own research group for 3 years,
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment,
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions,
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment,
- a welcome service for you and your family members.
Anticipated start date: The position is available from July 2023 or upon agreement.
The submission deadline is 31st March 2023.
Please submit an e-application on the website: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/75967.
The application should include:
- motivation Letter (max. 1 page),
- research Proposal (max. 4 pages),
- scientific CV of the applicant (max. 1 page), incl. impact factors for papers in the last 5 years as first or corresponding author,
- applicant’s key requirements (tools and equipment, research team, …),
- 3 letters of recommendation and references,
- Ph.D. diploma,
- documents proving the candidate has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic and/or Phd diploma from a foreign institution.
Please, download the application form here: https://is.muni.cz/go/s52hij and include all the information above in this form (the structure is already set there).
A review of applications will start immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Faculty of Medicine is available at https://www.med.muni.cz/en
- Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/
We are looking forward to hearing from you!