About DIANA Biotechnologies
We are the most successful Czech biotechnology startup, and we are just getting global. We started in 2018 and since then we have initiated successful research and development in human molecular diagnostics, small molecule drugs, and monoclonal antibodies. We already have a product portfolio on the diagnostics market, and we have been the most important developer and manufacturer of COVID-19 PCR diagnostics in the Czech Republic. We are continuing our mission of providing our own products in diverse biotechnological areas as well as developing our own original therapeutics.
Even though we are a young company, we have already grown to over 100 employees. Our courage and a healthy financial background give us the ability to run long-term, ambitious projects with a global impact. If you join us, you will be a part of the creation of a unique biotechnology company which is the first of its kind in the Central Europe.
Given our rapid growth in various diagnostic and therapeutic areas, we are looking for a skilled individual for the position of a Junior Computational Scientist / Junior Bioinformatician to assist us with our emerging computational needs.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Preparing a bioinformatical basis for diagnostic PCR assay development (e.g., for viruses: gathering phylogenetic information, sequence data, preparing sequence alignments, sequence clustering followed by our proprietary downstream analyses).
- Assistance with background research and literature or documentation review on a range of topics, including (but not limited to) microbiology, virology, software and algorithms, or biological and chemical databases.
- Participation in the development of software solutions to a range of bio- or chemoinformatical tasks emerging within the company (e.g., automated evaluation of PCR results or image analysis).
- You will be supported by our senior computational scientist.
Who are we looking for?
- A motivated individual with a demonstrable bioinformatical toolset:
- Confidence working with at least one popular, general-purpose programming language (for example, Python, Java).
- Understanding of general computing and software development concepts (for example, algorithms and data structures, computational complexity, version control).
- nowledge of fundamental molecular biological and biochemical principles.
- Ability to independently research a novel knowledge domain and present their findings.
- Other qualities of the ideal candidate are:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a highly organized matter.
- Positive attitude and team spirit.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
What is of advantage but not a must?
- Familiarity with at least one high-performance programming language (e.g. C, Java).
- Experience with molecular phylogenetics.
- Experience with chemoinformatics and database systems.
- Understanding of molecular interactions, chemistry, and physics.
- Familiarity with microbiology and virology.
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to work on interesting and meaningful projects including novel concepts diagnostics and drug discovery in a young and dynamic biotech company with world-class research and a strong future growth.
- A professional, yet friendly and supportive work environment.
- Large potential for personal and professional growth.
- Support for further education, courses, and trainings thorough an onboarding process.
- Competitive salary, part-time or full-time employment contract.
- Various benefits, including five weeks of paid vacation, sick days, MultiSport card, pension contribution, and regular company events.
If you are interested, please attach a cover letter (describe your experience, ambitions and skills you can contribute, and explain why you want to work for us in this particular position, or what positions you would be interested in) and a CV (including a list of scientific publications if applicable). Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.