The Faculty of Science, Charles University (Prague, Czechia) invites applications for a Post-doctoral position in the Chemistry Section for the project realized in the OP RDE, Call No. 02_18_053 “International mobility of research, technical and administrative workers of research organizations”.
The position is open for researchers with research experience in the development of novel synthetic methodologies and synthesis of molecules with broad applications. Extensive experience in purification and characterization of organic molecules using modern chromatographic and analytical techniques (NMR, IR, HPLC, etc.) is required. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable and experienced in the field of transition metal-catalyzed reactions.
- Ph.D. or other appropriate level 8 ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education) qualification completed within the last seven years.
- The applicant must have resided outside the Czech Republic at least for 2 years of the last 3 years.
- The applicant must have had at least 2 published, peer-reviewed research outputs in the last 3 years. Outputs must be registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS database as well as “article”, “book”, “book chapter”, “letter” and “review”.
- All research activities will be conducted in English; knowledge of the Czech language is not required.
Selection will be based on the relevance of candidates’ professional interests and experience, excellence in research achievements.
Position duration, starting date and remuneration:
The position duration is 11 months, starting on 1. 12. 2021 and ending on 31. 10. 2022. The gross monthly salary is 62 237 CZK (approx. 2 442 EUR) including health insurance and social insurance coverage. The job status is full-time – 40 hours per week.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter including a personal statement of research interests
- Curriculum vitae with the list of publications
- Contacts to those who could provide a letter of recommendation
How to submit application materials:
Please send email with the required application materials to the project coordinator, Mr. Miroslav Kotrc: firstname.lastname@example.org, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague.
The application deadline is July 31, 2021. Subsequently, the applications’ review will begin immediately. Successful candidates will be informed by August 31, 2021.