Dean of the Faculty of Science, Charles University invites applications for the following academic position:
with anticipated starting date of employment on November 1st 2022
- research in the field of biology within the project International Postdoctoral Fellowship-Population genomic consequences of gene flow across ploidy barrier
- Ph.D. or other appropriate level 8 ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education) qualification completed within the last seven years.
- The applicant must have worked outside the Czech Republic at least for 2 years of the last 3 years in the field of research with the workload at least 0.5 or have been a PhD student abroad.
- The applicant must have had at least 2 published, peer-reviewed research outputs in the last 3 years. Outputs must be registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS database as well as “article”, “book”, “book chapter”, “letter” and “review”.
- All research activities will be conducted in English; knowledge of the Czech language is not required.
The Faculty of Science, Charles University (Prague, Czechia) invites applications for a Post-doctoral position in the Biology Section for the project “International mobility of research, technical and administrative staff at the Charles University” reg. n. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_053/0016976.
The position is open for researchers with experience in areas of population genomics. Experinece in evolutionary research in polyploid organisms is beneficial but not required.
Required application materials:
Cover letter including a personal statement of research interests, Curriculum vitae with the list of publications highlighting those providing an evidence of the experience with protein mass spectrometry or protein structural biology, evidence of education, scientific-pedagogical degrees, scientific degrees.
Selection will be based on the relevance of candidates’ professional interests and experience, excellence in research achievements.
Position duration, starting date and remuneration:
The position duration is 6 months, starting on November 1, 2022 and ending on April 30, 2023. The gross monthly salary is 62 237 CZK (approx. 2 527 EUR) including health insurance and social insurance coverage. The job status is full-time – 40 hours per week.
The application dedline is July 2nd, 2022. Subsequently, the application’s review will begin immediately. Successful candidates will be informed by July 31, 2022.
Application for selection procedure:
Application, which you can download here https://www.natur.cuni.cz/fakulta/uredni-deska/vyberova-rizeni/application-for-selection-procedure/view, with cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications, diplomas, research and teaching statement, contacts to those who could provide a letter of recommendation must be send within 30 days from the announcement of the tender to the e-mail address: email@example.com with subject “Výběrové řízení.”
By sending your application, you agree that Charles University, Faculty of Science will process your personal data for the purpose of keeping records of job seekers in accordance with applicable laws.