The Department of Statistics and Operational Research is involved in the current research activities of the Faculty of Business and Economics. Each year, the departmemt also receives one or two development projects under the University Development Fund or Internal Grant Agency projects. The staff of the department is involved in international projects, an example is the international project AKTION Czech Republic – Austria, cooperation in science and education. The Institute’s staff cooperates with a number of institutions and companies in the Czech Republic, especially in the field of modelling, optimization, statistical evaluation of field surveys, etc.
What will you do?
- management of the workplace in terms of personnel and finance, science and research and pedagogy
- pedagogical and scientific research activities in the field of statistics and operations research
What do we require from you?
- habilitation in a field related to the focus of the department
- ability to lead teams
- advanced user knowledge of MS Office products
- minimum two-year experiance in managerial position
- experience with solving international projects
- ability to lead lectures and seminars in Czech and in English in the field of focuse of the given department
- open constructive communication
- experience with publishing in scientific journals indexed in the Web of Science database evidenced through ResearcherID, H-index min. 3
What else do we appreciate?
- knowledge of the Law on Higher Education Institutions
- awareness of the European Standards and guidelines for quality assurance in the European Higher Education Area
- presentation skills
What can we offer you?
- regular training activities, participation in conferences, seminars etc.
- leading own research and pedagogic teams
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- work-life balance
- advantages of the university environment, such as sports courses of the Center for Sports Activities,
- Counseling and Professional Center, libraries (these activities are mostly free)
- meal allowance (Edenred Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport Card
- ITIC card with which you will have various discounts
- employer’s contribution to pension or life allowance insurance after 3 years of employment
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for employees‘ children
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start: January 2023, fixed-term employment contract no longer than 31.12. 2027 (the exact period will be specified)
Job status: 1,0
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a head of the department?
Send an electronic application to the Department of Human Resource Management of Mendel University in Brno by 1 December, 2022, supported by:
- professional CV
- concept of institute development in the field of education and scientific research
How do the selection procedure work for us? https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure