Academic staff member – Head of the Department of Marketing and Trade
The Department of Marketing and Trade is significantly involved in research activities in several directions. The employees of the institute are involved in grant projects, so far the employees have implemented several important projects of GAČR and TAČR. Currently, the institute is the only Czech representative involved in a unique pan-European research project called COBEREN. Within this project, attention is focused on the issue of consumer behavior. For more information on https://umo.pef.mendelu.cz/
What will you do?
- management of the workplace in terms of personnel and finance, science and research and pedagogy
- pedagogical and scientific research activities in the field of marketing and trade
What do we require from you?
- habilitation in a field related to the focus of the department
- ability to lead teams
- advanced user knowledge of MS Office products
- minimum two-year experiance in managerial position
- experience with solving international projects
- ability to lead lectures and seminars in Czech and in English in the field of focuse of the given department
- open constructive communication
- experience with publishing in scientific journals indexed in the Web of Science database evidenced through ResearcherID, H-index min. 3
What else do we appreciate?
- knowledge of the Law on Higher Education Institutions
- awareness of the European Standards and guidelines for quality assurance in the European Higher Education Area
- presentation skills
What can we offer you?
- regular training activities, participation in conferences, seminars etc.
- leading own research and pedagogic teams
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- work-life balance
- advantages of the university environment, such as sports courses of the Center for Sports Activities, Counseling and Professional Center, libraries (these activities are mostly free)
- meal allowance (Edenred Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport Card
- ITIC card with which you will have various discounts
- employer’s contribution to pension or life allowance insurance after 3 years of employment
university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for employees‘ children
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start: January 2023, fixed-term employment contract no longer than 31.12. 2027 (the exact period will be specified)
Job status: 1,0
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a head of the department?
Send an electronic application to the Department of Human Resource Management of Mendel University in Brno by 1 December, 2022, supported by:
- professional CV
- concept of institute development in the field of education and scientific research
How do the selection procedure work for us? https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure