Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position
Head of the Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing is a teaching and research facility of the Faculty of Informatics of the MU, information about the taught subjects and implemented projects can be found HERE.
Number of open positions: 1
Working Hours: full-time (40 hours per week)
EU Researcher Profile: R2 – R4
Employment: Fixed-term contract for 1 year (with a possible extension until the end of the term of office upon mutual satisfaction)
Workplace: Faculty of Informatics – Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing, Masaryk University, Botanická 68a, Brno
Expected start: June 2024
Application deadline: 15. 1. 2024
Job description key points:
- responsibility for the pedagogical and scientific activities of the department and achieving the required outputs and results,
- personnel management of the department (motivation, evaluation and career growth of employees),
- cooperation in securing research, development and innovation, in particular by initiating and leading research, development or innovation programs or projects,
- responsibility for the performance of the third role of the university,
- responsibility for managing entrusted funds,
- close cooperation with the faculty management
- own pedagogical, scientific research and publication activities.
Qualification and other requirements:
- academic or scientific degree (professor, associate professor, Ph.D., or equivalent) in the field of informatics or a related field,
- min. 5 years of pedagogical and scientific experience in the field of informatics or a related field, including foreign activities,
- appropriate publication and creative activity,
- min. 3 years of previous experience in a university environment in the Czech Republic,
- prerequisites for management work and experience with foreign cooperation and international projects,
- professional and personal prerequisites for the development of the field and research,
- ability to communicate fluently in English and Czech.
- an interesting job in a prestigious university environment with international overlap and cooperation with the tech industry;
- career development and growth (e.g. university seminar series, courses provided by MU, participation in conferences, staff mobility training, participation in research projects, support of project department);
- employee benefits such as 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, meal allowance, Multisport card, accination allowance, discounted language courses, advantageous Vodafone mobile tariffs, free use of university libraries,
- workplace close to the centre of Brno with parking directly on the faculty premises.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, by 15. 1. 2024, preferably online via the MU e-application (Please use the link in the e-application section below)
The application must contain the following documents:
- CV, including a summary of work experience, publications (publications that meet a high standard of quality, such as those with notable impact factors or from reputable conferences, e.g., ranking at least B in the CORE portal),
- copy of diploma from the highest level of education (notarial certification not required; not required of internal applicants),
- the department’s development plan for the next 4 years in the following areas: teaching, research, internationalization, the third role of the department, personnel management.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application (Please use the link in the e-application section below). In case this way of submission would not be possible, we also accept a paper application with a declaration of the reason for such a submission. The selection criteria are the submission of all required documents and compliance of the applicant’s profile with the requirements for the position. You can find the rules for the selection procedure of the Faculty of Informatics here.
As an employer, the Faculty of Informatics of Masaryk University provides equal opportunities. We support diversity and strive to create a work environment that meets the individual needs of all employees. See the career pages of our faculty.
The selection process is based on the Open Transparent Merit-based Recruitment Policy. Faculty of Informatics holds the HR Excellence in Research Award. The rules of the selection processes at the Faculty of Informatics MU can be found at Selection procedure | FI MU (muni.cz).
Once submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email. Candidates successful in the first round of the selection process will be invited for an in-person interview or a video-conference interview. Candidates who succeed in the second round may be invited to an additional interview aimed at verifying professional knowledge and experience in managing workers.
Queries regarding the submission procedure can be sent to HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries regarding the position as such can be addressed to prof. RNDr. Jiří Barnat, Ph.D., Dean of the Faculty, email@example.com.